News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca posing

Started by deathsled, September 30, 2023, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 02, 2023, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on October 02, 2023, 05:37:03 PM
How about no stripes, and a set of those red wheels from a 2012......
I personally hated the 2012 LS Black/Red scheme. I was looking to buy one and thought I'd get the red roof, grille, spoiler wrapped with a carbon fibre look and swap the wheels out. That way it could be returned to original at a future date. Now I'm torn between a 2013 school bus yellow LS or a 2020 Bullitt because I like the IRS.

The day two red stripes came with the car.  I like the black and red combo myself.  I would go for the 2013 school bus yellow LS all day long over the Bullitt.  Solid axles are STRONG!  As for doing a restriping of the car, I am inclined to keep as is.  I looked at some NOS stripes that are correct for the car and the asking is $2,019.92.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/lsstripekitgry.html

Further, from memory, nos 66 side stripes lose all of their adhesion over a given period of time and then are worthless.  Perhaps ten year old stripes have had it and are no good anymore anyway.  I like the gold stripe hertz style idea.  Some day perhaps.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

The gold Hertz stripes are just classy. For some reason they remind me of two electrical conductor strips and sometimes I just want to connect them with my tongue to get a jolt to the electrodes?

I have no idea where the idea came from? Must be some kind of folly of youth, I did it and the jolt made me forget? I don't know? Strange? Any hot chicks listening? Do you remember me for some reason?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

I have to agree that the gold stripes are classy but of course I am biased.  I think there is an R model as I observed a while back in the 1965 Shelby Mustang section that was a midnight blue with gold stripes.  I think the car is owned by one Fred Hillbert out of Kansas  It is quite the car!  I believe that he has owned the car for a very long time.  Like a successful marriage.  Something I would know nothing about.  But I'm okay with it.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 02, 2023, 09:35:24 PM
The day two red stripes came with the car.  I like the black and red combo myself. 

Further, from memory, nos 66 side stripes lose all of their adhesion over a given period of time and then are worthless.  Perhaps ten year old stripes have had it and are no good anymore anyway.  I like the gold stripe hertz style idea.  Some day perhaps.

Your black/red looks good. The 2012 red was overkill on both the black and silver cars. I think I'd follow the "normal" LS Boss stripes rather than a Hertz LeMans stripe look.
Are the side stripes on 843 the NOS ones you got with the car?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 02, 2023, 11:31:06 PM
The day two red stripes came with the car.  I like the black and red combo myself. 

Your black/red looks good. The 2012 red was overkill on both the black and silver cars. I think I'd follow the "normal" LS Boss stripes rather than a Hertz LeMans stripe look.
Actually they are not the NOS but I still have the NOS that you gave me.  There was some doubt by the striper that they would work so I decided to hang on to them.

tesgt350

BUT, what about switching everything from Red to the Hurtz Gold?  Same design, just Gold.

deathsled

Quote from: tesgt350 on October 03, 2023, 08:45:03 AM

BUT, what about switching everything from Red to the Hurtz Gold?  Same design, just Gold.
That would be my thinking if I decide to do it. Keep the same design. That would confuse those who know the cars even more.