News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Scrolling through the computer generated analog gauges on a Boss 302 Laguna

Started by deathsled, October 01, 2023, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx3gHIjPhQb/?hl=en

Digital is also an option you can flick with a switch.  I should have featured that as well.  I prefer the analog for oil temperature, air/ fuel ratio, volts, cylinder head temperature, inlet air temperature.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Lincoln tech

deathsled

SAAC covers Shelbys well beyond 1970 to include new ones.  It is my contention that the Boss 302 sub forum should allow for 2012-2013 Boss 302s as well.  And may I supplement that Boss 302s are not Shelbys (unless we are looking at the 1969 Trans Am cars) so perhaps the Boss 302 sub forum should be deleted altogether to keep the forums consistent. 

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 02, 2023, 03:12:04 PM...... I supplement that Boss 302s are not Shelbys (unless we are looking at the 1969 Trans Am cars)
Those were also not Shelby's. They were built by Kar Kraft and provided to the teams by Ford. Shelby Racing Inc was at the time a contractor (mid 1967- last race of 1970) hired by Ford to campaign their cars in the TransAm. When Shelby's contract expired the cars were sent to Bud Moore for disposal. Shelby did not own or build the cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 02, 2023, 03:39:12 PM
Quote from: deathsled on October 02, 2023, 03:12:04 PM...... I supplement that Boss 302s are not Shelbys (unless we are looking at the 1969 Trans Am cars)
Those were also not Shelby's. They were built by Kar Kraft and provided to the teams by Ford. Shelby Racing Inc was at the time a contractor (mid 1967- last race of 1970) hired by Ford to campaign their cars in the TransAm. When Shelby's contract expired the cars were sent to Bud Moore for disposal. Shelby did not own or build the cars.

Good to know.  I thought Shelby did some work on the cars because I recall that the 69s had overrider traction bars.  Not sure if overrider traction bars existed before Shelby or whether he invented them.  Maybe Kar Kraft adopted the overriders deriving inspiration from the earlier Shelby cars?  Interesting historical point.  Thank you.

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on October 02, 2023, 03:12:04 PM
SAAC covers Shelbys well beyond 1970 to include new ones.  It is my contention that the Boss 302 sub forum should allow for 2012-2013 Boss 302s as well.  And may I supplement that Boss 302s are not Shelbys (unless we are looking at the 1969 Trans Am cars) so perhaps the Boss 302 sub forum should be deleted altogether to keep the forums consistent.

If there are members that can come here and jamb up and fill this website with crap about Corvettes then you are certainly licensed to post of the B2. Here regardless of the poor opinions that we may hold of the current Ford Corporate Officers, or even the UAW, we still want to hear about the current relatives to our cars.

It is a train of genetic entity, not like the dribble about how great C8's float and are great submarines in the latest Florida flood.

Don't forget to, up your periscope with your Corvette.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

[/quote]

If there are members that can come here and jamb up and fill this website with crap about Corvettes then you are certainly licensed to post of the B2. Here regardless of the poor opinions that we may hold of the current Ford Corporate Officers, or even the UAW, we still want to hear about the current relatives to our cars.

It is a train of genetic entity, not like the dribble about how great C8's float and are great submarines in the latest Florida flood.

Don't forget to, up your periscope with your Corvette.
[/quote]

+1

And the modern mustangs allow you to change it to 90s 5.0 cluster / If i pdi one i usually switch it :)
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

JohnSlack

Quote from: deathsled on October 02, 2023, 03:12:04 PM

Being primarily a 1969-1970 BOSS 302 guy in my current ownership position I have to admit that on occasion I myself have wondered about the 2012-2013 guys posting here. However as has been brought to attention here, I am in the cheap seats by invitation because SAAC has provided the sub-forum so why not. I have joined SAAC even though I don't have the SAAC Member little avatar badge so I continue to understand that I exist in this realm as a space available passenger.

I am however cautious to not overly discuss Corvettes sinking in Florida or any other multitude of other items that seem like a device to just increase the post count.

However if it were not for Deathsled's posts this sub forum may only get used for a trash can. So being a 1969-1970 BOSS guy I am happy to read and see his posts.

John

67 GT350

The boss 302 forum sucks, Nothing but crickets there, I for one thank Deathsled for his imformative Laguna Seca information! Whenever I have a question, he gets right back to me!
I have a few vintage Shelbys and Other Fords Two of which are Bosses, I want to be able to go to one place and find my answers. I did not know the SAAC forum wanted to act like the FGT forum. Left that long ago, and guess what my FGT still drives the same! Fantastic!
my 2 cents
+1 to Deathsled! Thank you!
RARE  Signature Delete