News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Starter solenoid repair parts

Started by musclecarman15, October 04, 2023, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musclecarman15

Does anyone sell replacement parts for the c7 and c9 round Dearborn 1969-70 starter solenoid...internal pieces...thx keith

Bob Gaines

Quote from: musclecarman15 on October 04, 2023, 08:26:38 PM
Does anyone sell replacement parts for the c7 and c9 round Dearborn 1969-70 starter solenoid...internal pieces...thx keith
Try David at DSD restorations . He was restoring them. I would have him restore yours and forget about it.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

As far as I know this is an accurate reproduction from Scott Drake. Summit racing has them as does Tony Branda.

It is stamped C7 and Autolite.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SDK-C7AZ-11450-A
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TLea

I think he's looking for HD round solenoid. Fairly easy to find NOS Motorcraft, could rob internals from that

musclecarman15

yes ,i am looking for the round repair parts, the later nos motorcraft solonoids unfortunately have different internals . thx keith

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 04, 2023, 08:43:26 PM
Quote from: musclecarman15 on October 04, 2023, 08:26:38 PM
Try David at DSD restorations . He was restoring them. I would have him restore yours and forget about it.
Bob, Chris Brown was selling those HD starter solenoids and also the small bleeder rear wheel cylinders as well as the air filters for 69s. Browns site no longer has them and their ebay page has been dormant since Chris has passed. Are these items now long gone? 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 06, 2023, 02:07:35 PM
Bob, Chris Brown was selling those HD starter solenoids and also the small bleeder rear wheel cylinders as well as the air filters for 69s. Browns site no longer has them and their ebay page has been dormant since Chris has passed. Are these items now long gone?

Yes if they are not longer making the parts they are not available. Someone else might consider making one or more again in the future but only time will tell. Happens all the time with the small and big parts and service companies. Especially the "cottage" companies that supply us and our cars.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on October 06, 2023, 08:20:42 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 06, 2023, 02:07:35 PM

Yes if they are not longer making the parts they are not available. Someone else might consider making one or more again in the future but only time will tell. Happens all the time with the small and big parts and service companies. Especially the "cottage" companies that supply us and our cars.
What Jeff said. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby