News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

John Kelsey— Kelsey Tire

Started by Smallhurst, October 05, 2023, 07:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallhurst

With regret and sadness that I am relaying the message that John Kelsey, owner and founder of Kelsey Tire, has passed on.  His life was focused around the automobile since day 1.  His father managed to start collecting automobiles in the late 20's.  Many automotive adventurers entailed and John was wrapped into many of these events.  After completing his education and spending a couple of years in his professional career, he went into the Army as part of the 101st Airborne and was in country in Vietnam. After returning, his vocation changed and he started a tire shop in Camdenton, Mo.  Years passed, but the flame for vintage automobiles never waivered.  In fact, he managed to add to and create a legacy by starting the Goodyear Reproduction Tires.  Tied at the hip with Goodyear, he brought forth and made available correct reproductions for the automotive enthusiast.  His legacy will continue!

TLea

Sad. One thing I will always remember, is walking into the hotel at Mid-America and see John's smiling face ) greeting me every year.

FL SAAC

Our sincerest condolences to all  family and friends
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

J_Speegle

I will always remember him as a kind gentleman

In our thoughts and prayers
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350DAVE

Support the SAAC Registry

mikeh

Quote from: TLea on October 06, 2023, 07:29:45 AM
Sad. One thing I will always remember, is walking into the hotel at Mid-America and see John's smiling face ) greeting me every year.

+1!