News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1970 Shelby GT500 Convertible -Tribute

Started by George Schalk, October 06, 2023, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Schalk

Offered For Sale is my 1970 Shelby GT500 tribute. This car received a rotisserie restoration.

This Mustang started life as a 1970 Mustang Convertible and was used as a base to re-create this 1970 Shelby Mustang GT500 tribute.  The ground up restoration was started with a rust-free body and new reproduction Shelby fiberglass was used in the transformation.  The laser straight body was painted Ford Candy Apple Red and a new White Deluxe interior was installed along with a new convertible power top.  The engine is a 428 Cobra Jet that was rebuilt and detailed and is backed by a rebuilt 4 speed Top Loader transmission.  All new suspension was installed with the correct staggered rear shocks.  The restoration was completed in 2010 and the car still looks just as fresh today since it is rarely driven.

Includes:
-High quality Candy Apple Red Paint on a laser straight body in perfect condition
-428 Cobra Jet engine
-Edelbrock 4V carb, CJ exhaust manifolds, aluminum intake, heads, air cleaner assembly, 3 core radiator.
-4 Speed Top Loader Transmission w/ Hurst comp shifter
-9" rear axle assembly w/ staggered rear shocks
-White Deluxe Interior w/ Shelby console
-8,000 RPM tach with 120 MPH speedometer
-Shelby Roll Bar
-Correct Shelby chrome moldings and bright work
-Detailed underside with correct gray epoxy primer and red overspray
-Reproduction 1969-70 Shelby 15x7 wheels w/ Cooper Cobra radial tires
-Front Disc Brakes / Rear Drum brakes
-Power Steering
-Original 64,410 mile car
-VIN: 0F03L113461

Priced at -SOLD-

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  The car is located in Milwaukee, WI and can be inspected by appointment.

George Schalk
gschalk3@gmail.com
cell: 602-694-0168

George Schalk

George Schalk

Additional pics

George Schalk

This car is currently sitting at my home in Milwaukee and is being moved to my home in Arizona by November 11th if it is not sold before the transporter arrives. 

It's a very nice tribute car that's been done correctly and needs nothing.  Feel free to check it out and make an offer!!

Thanks,
George Schalk

George Schalk

Thanks to all who contacted me about my car showing interest.  I am pleased to say the car is SOLD and on it's way to a new home. 

Thank you,
George