News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

hew bolt for latch on 66 rear trap door

Started by jk66gt350, October 11, 2023, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk66gt350

I recently realized the bolt on the latch used to open / close the rear trap door on my 66 GT 350 is incorrect.  Any chance anyone has a good used one or knows where I could find a correct replacement?  I guess I could buy a used or correct repro replacement complete latch as a 2nd option.  For reference, following is a link to the replacement latch offered by Virginia Classic Mustang.  It appears the same latch may have been used from 65 - 68.  https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-68-FASTBACK-REAR-TRAP-DOOR-LATCH-P3082.aspx
Thanks, John

jk66gt350

shelbydoug

I'm not sure what the button on them should look like since mine is missing but I would say that from the picture posted, I can't tell the difference between the original and a repro assembly itself.

Considering what someone might ask for the price of an original and the relative obscurity of that part living in the trunk, the reproduction price is looking better and better to me, just so I can get one with a button.

What is the latch button supposed to look like?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

greekz

The hex nut looks just like the one on the latch in my '66.  Wish I was home to take a picture to verify.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

J_Speegle

Just four original examples out of a lot more

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

Great, just great! Now I'm going to have to buy an entire car just to get that nut. Thanks Jeff.

I don't even know what to call that? I think that a 10 spoke lug nut is too big?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67350#1242

I have a good used original latch.  $35 plus mailing.
Kurt

Also noted on the VA. mustang latch, the spring is visible.  Not visible on originals I've seen.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB