News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Radio speaker

Started by Peter L., October 12, 2023, 11:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

Starting to put the dash together in my KR and I need to replace the speaker for the radio. It was missing when I got the car.
I see there is a listing for A/C or non A/C. Can anyone tell me what the difference is.
My car is an A/C car and I want to make sure I get the right one.
             Thanks, Pete.

KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

Coralsnake

I dont think the original speakers differed based on AC or not AC.

The AC cars use a single duct for the defroster vents that may require a lower profile speaker. But I am guessing thats an aftermarket distinction

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Peter L.

Thanks Pete. I was asking because the replacement speaker offered by NPD lists A/C vs non A/C. I wasn't sure.
I'm going to try and locate an original first.
KR 4052

TLea

I'm pretty sure I tried the one that was for no AC and tried in AC car with no issues

Bill Collins

One thing to bear in mind is that some of the aftermarket speakers currently being sold as direct replacements are foreign manufactured and sized metrically, meaning they vary slightly from the original SAE dimensions and so will not properly fit without a rework.

If the original is still with the car, you may want to consider having it rebuilt / reconed. There are various services that do automotive speakers - Search "auto speaker reconing". Kits are also available if you want to try it yourself.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Peter L.

Thanks Bill, I'll look into that.
KR 4052