News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

parts source needed

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, October 12, 2023, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I "WAS" ready to install my remote mirror in the door of the 69 GT500, and discovered that the threaded retainer (in bottom picture) is missing from the cable (top picture) from when it came back from the body shop. Does anyone have any idea as to where I could get this part?? 

Krelboyne

That item used to be available from Scott Drake. Obsolete item since Holley took over.
Was called a "side view mirror remote controller. We were able to purchase since it was a sub assembly of the complete remote side view mirror assembly.
Good luck finding a source reproduction. You may have to get one from a used mirror. Did you look inside your door shell? Might have fallen inside when the mirror was removed.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Krelboyne

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Shawn

Try West Coast Classic Cougar.  Best place for original parts like this as well as restored OE pieces

Shawn

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

The item posted above is exactly what I need.  I will give WCCC a call later today when they open.  Thank you, and Krelboyne

Lincoln tech

It's impossible for that part just to fall off , the cables are crimped to it . You may be forced to buy the whole mirror and take off the part that you need ( it's white metal and breaks easily )

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I totally agree Lincoln.  The body shop did it when they disassembled the door.

Lincoln tech

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 14, 2023, 07:16:05 AM
I totally agree Lincoln.  The body shop did it when they disassembled the door.
Looks like someone needed that part more than you , of course they claim ( that's the way it came in ! ) ???

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I appreciate the help everyone.  The only thing I need is the grey metal cast threaded piece to attach to the cables.  I have all of the rest of the components of the assembly

shelbymann1970

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 14, 2023, 03:05:40 PM
I appreciate the help everyone.  The only thing I need is the grey metal cast threaded piece to attach to the cables.  I have all of the rest of the components of the assembly
Can that piece be easily put on? I'll have to look at some spares I have.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

In a not so simple answer, it is yes they can be removed.  The problem is in the taking one off an old unit. The grey metal has very little flexibility. When spreading the tabs holding the cable wires, it has to be done with the most minimal of separation or they will break. It does not take much effort, so ease and caution are they only way to go.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 15, 2023, 08:39:16 AM
In a not so simple answer, it is yes they can be removed.  The problem is in the taking one off an old unit. The grey metal has very little flexibility. When spreading the tabs holding the cable wires, it has to be done with the most minimal of separation or they will break. It does not take much effort, so ease and caution are they only way to go.
I wonder how heat would work to help flex them?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990