News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

parts source needed

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, October 12, 2023, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln tech

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 15, 2023, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 15, 2023, 08:39:16 AM
In a not so simple answer, it is yes they can be removed.  The problem is in the taking one off an old unit. The grey metal has very little flexibility. When spreading the tabs holding the cable wires, it has to be done with the most minimal of separation or they will break. It does not take much effort, so ease and caution are they only way to go.
I wonder how heat would work to help flex them?
It's some type of white metal so I would say no but why not try , and then you need to make a new crimp that's when fun begins , also cables have to installed in correct groves ( left , right , up , down ) very important , remember doing one many years ago no room for mistakes .

Lincoln tech

gt350shelb

unscrew the cable by twisting them / dont try to un crimp it !
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

New question on this grey metal piece.  I was informed that the threaded piece on the 69 mirror is a one year only. Can anyone confirm this?  I have an individual with a 67 remote mirror cable that I could disassembly and use, but will it work???  What is the differences between the two?

Krelboyne

The control wand, or knobs, are different for each year. That controller should all be the same, just made a comparison.
Starting in 1970, most of the remote mirrors have a 90° controller.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC