News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 Shelby wheels help on verification

Started by Gregory177, October 12, 2023, 08:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory177

I just purchased these 66 shelby rims from Mustang masters and just trying to verify they are correct for a 66 shelby. Something tells me I might not have got the correct rims. Thank you for any help on verifying these.

tesgt350

Fast Freddy (owner) will rip you off in a heart beat.

Shelby73

If all of them look like your last picture they are not correct.
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

Bob Gaines

Wrong wheels for sure. Fast Freddy strikes again.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

I remember seeing a set of Magnum 500's advertised as 1966 Shelby GT350 wheels. They were the Chrysler version with the near 4.0 inch back spacing.  The hoop has the same marking as the GT350 wheel, JK 795C 14X6.  Send them back and make him pay return shipping.  Ebay is pretty good about return shipping, especially when items are "Not as advertised".

Below is the image of the wheels that I saw on auction.  Did you get these?  Auction No. 374832115315.

Best of luck

Cory

pbf777

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 12, 2023, 09:57:25 PM
  Fast Freddy strikes again.

+1  :)

And, that really has been his nickname from decades ago, given to him by his fellow swap-meet vendors, but for other reasons than as here!   :o

Scott.

tesgt350

Quote from: pbf777 on October 13, 2023, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 12, 2023, 09:57:25 PM
  Fast Freddy strikes again.

+1  :)

And, that really has been his nickname from decades ago, given to him by his fellow swap-meet vendors, but for other reasons than as here!   :o

Scott.

Pretty much for the same reason....... Ripping People off. 

csxsfm

NC TRACKRAT

That scrawny little rat has been ripping folks off for at least 30 years.  What's that old saying? "Trust but verify".  With Fast Freddy, don't trust and be sure to verify!
5S071, 6S1467

Royce Peterson

Fast Freddy has a bad reputation. He worked hard over many years to get it. Buyer beware.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on October 14, 2023, 12:44:48 PM
That scrawny little rat has been ripping folks off for at least 30 years.  What's that old saying? "Trust but verify".  With Fast Freddy, don't trust and be sure to verify!
"Scrawny little rat..." lol
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

If the OP did purchase the wheels on Ebay then a opening a claim is the appropriate first step. Be sure to do this before you contact Freddy . Ebay will tell you to contact seller and if in so many days things aren't resolved that they will step in. The important thing here is that the refund clock starts counting down from the point forward so the seller can't mess you around and waste your time. When a claim is opened   Ebay always follows that protocol so why waste any time knowing that.  Remember the keyword is misrepresentation in the description. Ebay is very consumer oriented . FYI so is PaypaL . l if you paid that way .  I had the impression however that the wheels in question that the OP posted were not bought through EBAY but Freddy directly. I hope that I am wrong.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby