News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Leaking Holley Carb, now need KR starter

Started by Steve Meltzer, October 12, 2023, 08:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Peterson

Kale with a good sprinkling of olive oil will slide right off the plate into the trash can. Helpful hint. No charge.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Steve Meltzer

Lincoln tech

Quote from: Steve Meltzer on October 13, 2023, 07:52:32 PM
@Lincoln  Tech you're on as long aa you don't eat kale or Brussels sprouts. s
Never , never , never  :)

Bigfoot

I know that you already discovered that you don't have a problem with your starter, but were you to, ever have to replace that, most small, independent auto parts places can order you a rebuilt one which uses the original core from the prior customers.
At that point, it's just a question of ,it probably won't be dated correctly.
I've been down that road with a different big block Ford and I just asked my guy to order two or three of them, and he knows I'm just doing that to pick the best date and then he gives back the other two.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bigfoot on October 14, 2023, 12:58:47 PM
I know that you already discovered that you don't have a problem with your starter, but were you to, ever have to replace that, most small, independent auto parts places can order you a rebuilt one which uses the original core from the prior customers.
At that point, it's just a question of ,it probably won't be dated correctly.
I've been down that road with a different big block Ford and I just asked my guy to order two or three of them, and he knows I'm just doing that to pick the best date and then he gives back the other two.
I thought you should know that the odds of you getting a starter marked C8AF-11001-A for a 68-70 BB Mustang /Shelby randomly at a auto parts store are extremely high regardless of date code. ;)     If you are able to get one that way you are lucky and should next go buy a mega millions lottery ticket. I would If I could go to a auto parts store and get a starter marked C8AF-11001-A 20 at a time if I could count on them all being marked way. They typically sell in the 500-700.00 range.  First off most auto part store rebuilders end up mixing all of  the center barrel section from various applications because they disregard any factory identification . Number two the  C8AF-11001-A marked starter was only ever a very small percentage of the big block total as it applies to starter applications.  If you have a BB starter marked C8AF-11001-A that is worn out you should have it rebuilt and specifically ask them to use the original center barrel section.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Steve Meltzer

I know I'm a greenhorn, but, I'll bet correctly dated starters are made from unobtanium. s