News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

decal specific placement help 69 GT500 sportsroof

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, October 14, 2023, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Decal placement.  Has anyone ever compiled a chart, by year, of where the Shelby specific decals should be placed.  That is where I am in the final throws of getting my car back on the road. I have he "Shelby recommended tire pressure" for the glove box, Shelby Automotive certifies...section 108" - which goes somewhere inside the trunk lid,  and the "engine timing/idle speed" engine spec decal - which I am not sure where it goes.

Has anyone thought of putting together a page for each car showing and identifying where each decal goes.  I know that I would love something like this

J_Speegle

These were in a thread two months ago on CMF so sharing these here

No page or publication for each year and possible differences within the production year that I know of. Typically handling them as they come up and are requested.

For the other decal you asked about can we get when the car was built so we can focus on original examples from the same time period and how the guys assigned to that task were doing it them. This would possibly help with the pictures above since they are a couple of random examples as of now.  Just depends on how close you want to be with your details.  :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Its also possible for people to look for these items online. There are several resources where you can find pictures of "unrestored" cars.

Concoursmustang comes to mind.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 14, 2023, 03:19:29 PM
Decal placement.  Has anyone ever compiled a chart, by year, of where the Shelby specific decals should be placed.  That is where I am in the final throws of getting my car back on the road. I have he "Shelby recommended tire pressure" for the glove box, Shelby Automotive certifies...section 108" - which goes somewhere inside the trunk lid,  and the "engine timing/idle speed" engine spec decal - which I am not sure where it goes.

Has anyone thought of putting together a page for each car showing and identifying where each decal goes.  I know that I would love something like this
While but just one car this is a 500 mile car
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)