News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Where are you located?

Started by pmustang, October 17, 2023, 02:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmustang

Hey folks

Noticing a slightly alarming trend here on posts where folks are looking for a part

Unfortunately this trend is firmly established on Facebook

Just putting this out there for folks that may not see what's going on with Facebook

The volume of scammers is absolutely insane. Some posts have ten scam responses to a oarts wanted request on Facebook.

The number one question is "where are you located?"  Well before saying they have the part or anything else.  Of course that is to determine the location of the OP so the scammer can say they are in a location that's too far for collection

Just making folks aware in case so they can be vigilant

Ensure the person offering you the part is either A: a known entity or B: you can verify they exist and have the part they are offering.

TA Coupe

I've thought for years that forums  should make it a requirement for members to state where they are located and if it's found that you have lied you are banned.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Quote from: pmustang on October 17, 2023, 02:27:12 AM
Hey folks

Noticing a slightly alarming trend here on posts where folks are looking for a part

Unfortunately this trend is firmly established on Facebook

Just putting this out there for folks that may not see what's going on with Facebook

The volume of scammers is absolutely insane. Some posts have ten scam responses to a oarts wanted request on Facebook.

The number one question is "where are you located?"  Well before saying they have the part or anything else.  Of course that is to determine the location of the OP so the scammer can say they are in a location that's too far for collection

Just making folks aware in case so they can be vigilant

Ensure the person offering you the part is either A: a known entity or B: you can verify they exist and have the part they are offering.

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert