News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Arrrrr me matey! Found this pirate's booty in a Toronto based garage

Started by deathsled, October 19, 2023, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Found a special pirate's stash in my father's garage. Spoils of war pending closing sale of his house. He isn't going to drive it so the weighty responsibility has fallen on my shoulders. Footnote: I have no siblings living or dead. Big question is keep as is or R Modelize it a la Mark Donohue. In a speed shop east end Toronto until I figure out how to get it over the border. Car is solid, good bones. I think it's a C code originally an automatic.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

98SVT - was 06GT

Being an attorney you should be able to find the loopholes here - https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

Should be pretty easy to bring in since your dad already owns it. I do know of a nice warm SoCal garage if you don't want to subject it to an IL winter.......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: mark p on October 19, 2023, 01:09:45 PM
did you not know that was there?  ???
I knew it was there.Just taking a bit of artistic license to be a pirate about it. Exhaust sounds great.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 19, 2023, 01:28:07 PM
Being an attorney you should be able to find the loopholes here - https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

Should be pretty easy to bring in since your dad already owns it. I do know of a nice warm SoCal garage if you don't want to subject it to an IL winter.......
More concerned about transport than anything else. Car originally came up from Georgia.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 19, 2023, 01:35:19 PM

More concerned about transport than anything else. Car originally came up from Georgia.
Fill out the paperwork drive it across and have the papers stamped when you cross the border. If you have any orig US paperwork that would help but really not necessary since they only look at emissions on 67 up cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 19, 2023, 02:55:25 PM
Quote from: deathsled on October 19, 2023, 01:35:19 PM

Fill out the paperwork drive it across and have the papers stamped when you cross the border. If you have any orig US paperwork that would help but really not necessary since they only look at emissions on 67 up cars.
That is an option.  The car is at a shop being gone over. 

Side-Oilers

Richard, nice find/re-find/not-really-a-find because you knew about it...but cool anyway! 

Thanks for moving it into the light of day and letting us have a peek. 

Since you already have the Hertz, and this is not a Shelby, it'd be cool to build it into a vintage race car style. But, street drivable. 

You already have one non-A/C vintage car, so you could give it power brakes/steering and A/C.  "Racer" on the outside, but comfort on the inside. Not bad for hot summer driving.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on October 20, 2023, 12:30:15 AM
Richard, nice find/re-find/not-really-a-find because you knew about it...but cool anyway! 

Since you already have the Hertz, and this is not a Shelby, it'd be cool to build it into a vintage race car style. But, street drivable. 

You already have one non-A/C vintage car, so you could give it power brakes/steering and A/C.  "Racer" on the outside, but comfort on the inside. Not bad for hot summer driving.
Hi Van, I am likely going to give the car an R model treatment over time. It will be a fun project to bring it to those specs but keep it for the street and go terrorize. Probably.no to any AC or power brakes or power steering. I don't want to get too comfortable in the car.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on October 20, 2023, 12:30:15 AM

AC in a early model......hmmmmmmm
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert