News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 GT500 stripe

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, October 21, 2023, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I damaged one stripe and hope someone has a section that they could part with.  I need the section for the drivers side in front of the rear wheel-well.  Color is white.  i only need the one piece

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 21, 2023, 11:44:50 AM
I damaged one stripe and hope someone has a section that they could part with.  I need the section for the drivers side in front of the rear wheel-well.  Color is white.  i only need the one piece
Good luck with that . Many times pieces from different kits will not match . The not matching aspect typically has to do with the reflective  when you shine a light on it in the dark. Many times the best way to solve the problem is to restripe one complete side. I hope that is not you but FYI.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 21, 2023, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on October 21, 2023, 11:44:50 AM
Good luck with that . Many times pieces from different kits will not match . The not matching aspect typically has to do with the reflective  when you shine a light on it in the dark. Many times the best way to solve the problem is to restripe one complete side. I hope that is not you but FYI.

Not only what Mr. Gaines mentions, but depending who and when produced we have seen slight differences in the width of the stripe. Also aging may effect the color
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert