News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT 350 Early White 4 Speed with Paxton

Started by capecodmustang.com, October 25, 2023, 02:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Richstang on October 28, 2023, 06:44:45 AM
The completion date at SAI / LAX takes the highest priority over the VIN sequence numbers.
It is our Theory the VN plate was added upon arrival of the knockdown units at LAX.
I don't believe the cars were started at that time.
As Tim mentions, #0003 (DMG) and #0018 (WW) were the first production cars completed on Day 1.
They included one of each color and both were shipped to Dearborn.
Just for discussion and not meant to be argumentative but isn't that highest priority statement subjective? Wouldn't it be better to add context like as it pertains to production changes etc otherwise it comes off as being all encompassing ?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on October 28, 2023, 10:51:53 AM
I might be a bit biased...

But I'd rather have 1967 # 1 on the Shelby tag rather than #18 that was actually built before # 1..

But that's just me....

Agreed, all the rest is mumbo jumbo ( to me ) unless your a historian,  archeologists or wine connoisseur
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TLea

But I'd rather have 1967 # 1 on the Shelby tag rather than #18 that was actually built before # 1..

But that's just me....
Its just you  ;)

shelbydoug

Quote from: TLea on November 30, 2023, 02:52:47 PM

But that's just me....

;D
Its just you  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

capecodmustang.com

Over the last few years car # 1 and # 18 has exchanged hands....

# 18 was built before # 1...

I wonder when offered for sale what car sold for more???

I've owned maybe 90 1967 Shelby's...
I follow everything going on..

I know what car sold for more $$$...

TLea

OK, but are you talking about cash value or historical significance? If you ask 100 people who were not extremely educated on when the cars were built, which they would have 99 would probably say number one. 1 it's definitely up there in the cool factor. The same thing would apply to almost any other year. In 68, 41,56 101 and 301 are more historically significant than car number 1. The only year it really does not apply is 65. Two and three are more valuable than one. If we're talking, cool factors, my favorite is 007. Cool as ice Or maybe you feel unlucky and you have 13 or 666? Car 54 where are you? In my garage 😂

daltondavid

I owned 1967#165 and thought it was a cool number. #3115 was another fave. My first was 68 #1428 which I thought was cool as the car had a 428 engine.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

roddster

Anybody gonna say that the Paxton doesn't appear on the list of factory optioned Paxton 67's?