News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

rear valance

Started by dlhepic, October 29, 2023, 01:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlhepic

when did Shelby change the rear valance from cutting the rear valance to the stock GT valance?
I have a late 67 and need to replace the rear panel. Which one should I get?

J_Speegle

You'll need to have the cars real completion date from San Jose but after about mid march or so (don't have a closer date handy at the moment) they were using the Mustang dual exhaust GT rear valance
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Kent

The Shelby office change notice was sent in the 2nd week of January, and marked received by Ford on 1/25/67 they started to send out the mustang with the stamped GT valance so I would check when the car came from Ford and go from there.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

I am in agreement and it is logical to assume that the change to the Ford factory duel exhaust rear valance on the 67 Shelby as soon as Ford was able to use it on the SJ assemblyline. The change saved time and money for Shelby American.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

S412gofast

Our 67 GT350 #1341 with San Jose build date of 2/28/67 has the GT rear valance
1967 GT350 01341, FORD Build: 2/28/67 ; SAI Build 3/28/67
1966 GT 2+2, 4spd, PS, tinted windows, Raven Black w/Black Pony interior; FORD Build: 10/11/65
1986 SVO, Oxford White w/Leather interior
1987 Saleen #132 Dark Gray Metallic

Richstang

The "GT Stamped Rear Valance" running change notice was documented and stamped RECIVEVED at Ford on 1/25/1967.
We don't know how long it took FORD to implement that change at the SJ factory.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

To add to this discussion is that the repro duel exhaust rear valance has a slightly different contoured opening compared to a factory original . I will let someone else post a picture of each to compare.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby