News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Christine facts for those into Stephen King's horror car

Started by deathsled, November 02, 2023, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 03, 2023, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 03, 2023, 11:20:13 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 03, 2023, 11:13:59 AM
I love the remakes some times good , some times bad

When bad I find them more enjoyable because you critique and laugh. It's always great to laugh out loud !

On this note , we just heard they will be remaking Bullit.

This time with a twist, they are using a 66 Herzt GT350 and it will be called " That Bullit Hertz".....get it .... "That Bullit Hertz"....LMAO  !

Make sure that car doesn't get taken out by some weird Florida weather phenomenon.
Be prepared to bug out with it (and the others of course) and head to higher ground.

Not worried at all about a weather phenomenon at all.

Some day when you have time or we run into each other and are have a saspirilla fountain soda,  I shall recant what was behind the ownership of our new acquired transportation.

Betcha one USA dollar ( cash money ) that the great majority here would not have purchased it knowing its past owners history.....
Sounds scary.  My imagination is running wild here.  New ideas; new stories.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Was it Bill Cosby's Hertz car?   Harvey Weinstein's?   Nancy Pelosi's?   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 03, 2023, 04:48:22 PM
Was it Bill Cosby's Hertz car?   Harvey Weinstein's?   Nancy Pelosi's?

All lightweights compared to "the boys"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on November 03, 2023, 11:13:28 AM
Quote from: crossboss on November 03, 2023, 10:42:52 AM
Hmmm...well, Im quite confidant Columbia Pictures had 'stock' sound tracts of cars in their library. Just because 'some guy' on a You-tube video says it was a 428 CJ makes me question that claim. I know from facts (I seen it personally) the gas station that was used, and ultimately blown up was constructed in Valencia, Ca. that is now a housing tract near Magic Mountain. The shop was in Irwindale, Ca.
And, btw stop with all this re-make Hollywood crap. Leave it alone. The original film is fine, no reason to also do a sequel. My worthless two cents...
I agree. You are right to question the source. Also, I thought the gas station was a model. Did they really blow up a full size station???

No, they built it to blow it up. Btw, "Bullitt" has been talked in Hollywood for a re-make since the 1980s....just like "The Towering Inferno". I say, NO!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Just bought "66" advanced tickets to Bullitt, but now as everyone should know it's called " That Bullit Hertz".....

Well gota run making a crab claw boil yummy !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on November 04, 2023, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: deathsled on November 03, 2023, 11:13:28 AM
Quote from: crossboss on November 03, 2023, 10:42:52 AM
Hmmm...well, Im quite confidant Columbia Pictures had 'stock' sound tracts of cars in their library. Just because 'some guy' on a You-tube video says it was a 428 CJ makes me question that claim. I know from facts (I seen it personally) the gas station that was used, and ultimately blown up was constructed in Valencia, Ca. that is now a housing tract near Magic Mountain. The shop was in Irwindale, Ca.
And, btw stop with all this re-make Hollywood crap. Leave it alone. The original film is fine, no reason to also do a sequel. My worthless two cents...
I agree. You are right to question the source. Also, I thought the gas station was a model. Did they really blow up a full size station???

No, they built it to blow it up. Btw, "Bullitt" has been talked in Hollywood for a re-make since the 1980s....just like "The Towering Inferno". I say, NO!
The wide angle shot of the exploding station made me think model. All the better that it was life size. I like the movie that much more because of it if that is possible. Thanks for the clarification. Also agreed to leave these movies alone.

shelbydoug

Considering what the remake of "Gone in 60 seconds" let Foose do to the Shelby, what would they do to the Mustang?

Maybe electrocute the hit men instead of blowing them up in a gasolene fire?

Lt.Bullet uses a canister of laughing gas with a hornet shoot distance instead of his gun?

I suppose it depends on who directs?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 04, 2023, 01:07:43 PM
Considering what the remake of "Gone in 60 seconds" let Foose do to the Shelby, what would they do to the Mustang?

Maybe electrocute the hit men instead of blowing them up in a gasolene fire?

Lt.Bullet uses a canister of laughing gas with a hornet shoot distance instead of his gun?

I suppose it depends on who directs?
Electrocute the hitmen. LOL!  Or they run out of battery juice and coast to the shoulder.

deathsled

40 year reunion of the actors happened earlier this year in Australia.  Here is the video which is about a 1 hour 41 minute listen should you be so inclined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tbkVBX38s&t=1260s

427hunter

Here is my "christine" I did this one in 2012, I drive it a lot.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

deathsled

Quote from: 427hunter on November 05, 2023, 12:45:50 AM
Here is my "christine" I did this one in 2012, I drive it a lot.
Amazing looking car. The world's first true self driving vehicle.

98SVT - was 06GT

I see a real problem remaking Bullitt today. Where will they find a current Charger with hubcaps - much less 8 of them?

This is a great read
https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-genres/bullitt/#:~:text=By%20one%20count%2C%20the%20Charger%20lost%20eight%20hubcaps.

Yes it was Max Balchowski of Old Yeller fame that prepped the cars - https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a30124/max-balchowsky-old-yeller-ii/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: deathsled on November 02, 2023, 10:29:08 PM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 02, 2023, 10:15:18 PM
I guess they couldn't find a Hemi.......

Dirty Harry carried a 6" 44 Magnum because they couldn't find a 8 3/8" that fit their budget.

Surprised our own George Watters wasn't the one using Ford sounds.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915036/
That's Hollywood for you.  I just don't get why they don't do a part two Christine.  The two surviving characters are alive today and they could tap John Stockwell and Alexandra Paul to deal with the Christine coming back for them in a second movie in the modern world.  The 1983 movie ending left that option on the table.  To do a remake of the original seems a waste.  And I don't get why Stevie King doesn't write a part two Christine.  I mean there are enough of us petrol heads that would consume a second Christine book like delicious chocolate.  Also to include Stephen King aficionados who are just into plain old horror.  Mistakes are being made.

I have written 14 Screenplays, 12 are Car Related.  I started another one about a Christine Continuation.  The Car was crushed in the end BUT, if you have ever seen a Car get crushed, parts fall off.  In my Screenplay, a guy is building a Fury 2 Door just like Christine, solid Red and just needs a few Trim Pieces.  He goes to that same Salvage Yard and finds an Emblem that he needs on the ground, not knowing it came off Christine when it was crushed.  He puts it on his Car and things start to happen................

crossboss

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 06, 2023, 01:08:17 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 02, 2023, 10:29:08 PM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 02, 2023, 10:15:18 PM
I guess they couldn't find a Hemi.......

Dirty Harry carried a 6" 44 Magnum because they couldn't find a 8 3/8" that fit their budget.

Surprised our own George Watters wasn't the one using Ford sounds.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915036/
That's Hollywood for you.  I just don't get why they don't do a part two Christine.  The two surviving characters are alive today and they could tap John Stockwell and Alexandra Paul to deal with the Christine coming back for them in a second movie in the modern world.  The 1983 movie ending left that option on the table.  To do a remake of the original seems a waste.  And I don't get why Stevie King doesn't write a part two Christine.  I mean there are enough of us petrol heads that would consume a second Christine book like delicious chocolate.  Also to include Stephen King aficionados who are just into plain old horror.  Mistakes are being made.

I have written 14 Screenplays, 12 are Car Related.  I started another one about a Christine Continuation.  The Car was crushed in the end BUT, if you have ever seen a Car get crushed, parts fall off.  In my Screenplay, a guy is building a Fury 2 Door just like Christine, solid Red and just needs a few Trim Pieces.  He goes to that same Salvage Yard and finds an Emblem that he needs on the ground, not knowing it came off Christine when it was crushed.  He puts it on his Car and things start to happen................

Sorry to say this is why Hollywood hasn't (or can't) make a good film anymore. More re-makes of re-makes, and non original content. The last few 'car movies' are garbage. I, like yourself work in the industry. I was a DP/cameraman. So, I can relate to your position. However, I have to say I disagree.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30