News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SAAC and the 67 Shelby Research group

Started by daltondavid, November 03, 2023, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 05, 2023, 08:16:33 PMAs long as the  vin is listed as recreation  in registry/ ........ /further lowering  finished value.
I'm certain if the 67 in question shows up with a VIN tag someone will advise the local cops or FBI of the fraud - kinda like the "found" CSX3000 frames. I don't know what notation could be made in the registry beyond that the trans was located sans car.

I guess I should make a call to Texas and let him know I have seen the tag from 939 hanging on the wall in a friends shop along with some crumpled Mustang sheet metal. Anybody know where I can buy a bent 67 Nightmist fender and a repop tag? I'll share the 50 grand finders fee with you.......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

Unfortunately, there are a large group of people who dont care about "numbers" and are going to persuaded by the facts provided above. Owning a supercharged 1967 Shelby will be good enough for them.

You will all be looked as snobs and told to mind your own business. I can see it now, why do you care? Who made you the authority?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

Well as a matter of fact, I had joined the 67 Research Group Facebook page, on invitation, as you all are if you have a '67. (I'm not special)

I was there about a week. I was in discussion about my 67, -03074. I mentioned that my car build sheets/dso, whatever, indicated it was built with 10 spokes.

I was asked how I knew that. I replied that Dave Mathews had dropped me a note about it. Then, get this, I was told to leave the group and go back to my arrogant SAAC "buddies". So I left.

So whatever this animosity is between them and SAAC, I don't know? Certainly they seem to resent the 67 SAAC Registry and Dave Mathews for sure.

You are arrogant Pete like me. Actually that's how I feel driving the car in public. I feel like I am showing off and I'm afraid to park it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 06, 2023, 03:20:42 PM
Certainly they seem to resent the 67 SAAC Registry and Dave Mathews for sure.

Up until yesterday, I saw Dave Mathews name and email address at the top of their page, along with Mr Styles, and another SAAC registrar (late model I believe). Today, I do not see any of them listed.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

TLea

Honestly whether or not this car is/was a Shelby is not nearly as relevant as recreating it at best would only be maybe 25% of the original car? Thats a long way from a real deal. Lets say the car is what they are claiming it to be, so what its still far from being a what it was built as

Coralsnake

I would say the fact that the SRG page has changed must be a direct result of this thread.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

It is private so a non-member can't see the posts. I can't imagine why?

So much for sharing information freely?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Prototype

SAAC has always done such a good job of calling out whats correct vs incorrect and what is REAL and what is merely a recreation or 'rebody.'  If we stick to our burned in/etched in stone methods we will continue to prevail above others as being the definitive,.....the ONLY resource for these cars for generations to come.

daltondavid

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 07, 2023, 08:34:53 AM
I would say the fact that the SRG page has changed must be a direct result of this thread.
well if it is, so be it. if they weanted to change anything else, it should be their opinion.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Bigfoot

To continue on the theme presented here by many,  particularly what Tim is saying above on page 3 here, and what I read on page 1 about Daniel Boone's axe.
As an example, for any vintage car, if all that was left was the front clip, or if all that was left was the rear clip, and then a car was built from that, would that really be the car?????
Some vintage cars, like Mopars, have a derivative of the vin  in the rear, by the way.

Maybe more relevant here, if a car is constructed from very very little original metal without anything definitive to tie it to any, any particular vehicle, then how could it possibly be any particular vehicle with a period born-with vehicle identification number going forward?

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

daltondavid

I believe that was George Washington's axe that was referenced. Not Daniel Boone's.

shelbydoug

Quote from: daltondavid on November 08, 2023, 01:23:04 PM
I believe that was George Washington's axe that was referenced. Not Daniel Boone's.

It would appear that the axe was a bone of contention between those two? Maybe because the handle wasn't original and the head had no serial number on it? Hum?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 08, 2023, 10:07:38 AM
As an example, for any vintage car, if all that was left was the front clip, or if all that was left was the rear clip, and then a car was built from that, would that really be the car?????
A Mustang front clip would contain the VIN and then could be built into a rebody with a known VIN and questionable history. A Mustang from the firewall back has no VIN and therefore nothing can be PROVEN that it was born as a car destined to be built into a Shelby. Best it could hope for is being built as a tribute. Even a clone in scientific terms does require starting with some DNA of a proven original.

Apples and oranges - Yes SOME MoPars have a VIN on the front and back half of cars but those are partial and there is a lot of discussion of missing and incorrect numbers of these stamps on the Mopar sites.

daltondavid

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 08, 2023, 02:40:18 PM
A Mustang front clip would contain the VIN and then could be built into a rebody with a known VIN and questionable history. A Mustang from the firewall back has no VIN and therefore nothing can be PROVEN that it was born as a car destined to be built into a Shelby. Best it could hope for is being built as a tribute.
[/quote] and this is where the owners credibility comes into serious question. if he is willing to perpetrate this fraud, how many has he been involved with in the past? and how many more is he planning in the future? and just how long are the 67 research boys willing to stick around with this snake oil salesman? one thing is for certain, they have both opened themselves up to a life time of scrutiny. in this case, the Holy grail hath runneth over...with Bullshit!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: daltondavid on November 08, 2023, 05:17:33 PMand this is where the owners credibility comes into serious question. if he is willing to perpetrate this fraud, how many has he been involved with in the past? and how many more is he planning in the future?
I don't know if past sins are forgiven over time or they are just forgotten and die out. Remember the trio in the air Cobra scandal? I heard there are 28 of those floating around.