News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC and the 67 Shelby Research group

Started by daltondavid, November 03, 2023, 05:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 04, 2023, 04:47:44 PM
Doug: 

I'm surmising that you might be referring to our old pal Eight Barrel/The Going Thing. 

Or, am I not hunting for the right Easter egg? 

Are there other Bunny-layers (fakers) out there?

8)

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427hunter

Quote from: daltondavid on November 04, 2023, 12:33:15 PM
Given the fact that the owner has discussed in his video about "Returning the dragster to it's former glory as an original Factory Paxton car!" and that "They have solved the mystery about this car" leads one to believe that is his full intentions. I also wonder why he himself has never contacted SAAC about the car? I think that is part of what bothers me about the whole matter. he knew what the response would be. so instead, he ran to the 67 research gang for their Blessing. in exchange for some You Tube exposure, they took the bait, hook, line and sinker. in doing so they have put their credibility in to serious question. the owner is playing it safe as he can always claim "They told me it was this car with this Shelby number and these options!" and the 67 Research group is left holding the flaming bag of Dog shit while he rubs Petroleum Primate after shave on his rosy cheeks hoping it covers up the stench created by the burning bag of shit he lit up.

I agree 100% - How did you like them trying to claim that other "customized" 67 Shelby sporting a bunch of later mustang parts "must have been done at the factory" because the car was the first 67, basically your point about a loss of credibility is just spot on.

P.S. The sad part is Dennis Collins has great taste is cars and is entertaining and knowledgeable, why he chooses to participate in this idiotic escapade is beyond me.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

BDT 739

Brian Styles from the research group provided me with very good information in regard to my car, emailed me with documentation that was as good or better than the Marti report that I purchased years ago. I don't know anything about the car being questioned but I did appreciate the information that I received from the group on my 67.

daltondavid

Quote from: BDT 739 on November 04, 2023, 08:07:27 PM
Brian Styles from the research group provided me with very good information in regard to my car, emailed me with documentation that was as good or better than the Marti report that I purchased years ago. I don't know anything about the car being questioned but I did appreciate the information that I received from the group on my 67.
yeah thats all well and good and goes along with building a good reputation in this Hobby/Business. for them to back this particular car is damaging as it creates credibility issues. for instance, where did he get the information he shared with you? did you pay for this information?  perhaps it was "Created" for you just like it appears it was for the car in question. we don't know because if someone gets caught in one lie, you have to wonder how many other lies they may have they fabricated.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

BDT 739

Grumpy

Wow is all I can say. Does it have a signed glove box ? That would really solve this mystery. I don't understand why someone I thought was "credible" . All about the $$$$. Can't wait for the next u tube video... We have solved the mystery about # bla blabla . :-[

I remember when SAAC   8) started an we were exchanging notes about what we found out about our cars. Remember going down stairs an looking at pieces under the cars . The NET is great but easily to create false claims.

Royce Peterson

I am not buying any cars that don't have a VIN. Most folks are like me. If you want to own that one good luck to you.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bigfoot

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 04, 2023, 08:40:18 AM
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=6303.msg53614#msg53614

Best I can tell heres what was left of the car:

Quarter panels
Transition panel over rear axle
Rear wheelhouses
Rear frame rails
Trunk floor
Rockers
Roof
A pillars
Taillight harness
Tail light panel (modified)
Roll bar (modified)

Bolt on parts

I guess the question is

Is this enough to make a positive ID and should this be rebuilt?

Not enough
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Quote from: Royce Peterson on November 05, 2023, 10:10:01 AM
I am not buying any cars that don't have a VIN. Most folks are like me. If you want to own that one good luck to you.

I am with Royce!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

roddster

I go to a lot of car shows and cruise nights.  In 40 years I have not once been offered to come and look at anything I'd call a "barn find".   

So, if all it takes is a transmission to dictate what is or is not a real Shelby, that doesn't seem like enough.  I thought there was some kind of date code issues with some of these parts.  As in not matching up with the build date.

Bill

Quote from: Royce Peterson on November 05, 2023, 10:10:01 AM

If you throw enough money into a project, anything is possible.  :-[

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

daltondavid

I once looked at a 1967 Shelby GT 500. It had its correct sheet metal stampings and vin tag. And then I checked the transmission. And it had a 67 GT500 Transmission in it. However it was from another Shelby! This is why a Transmission vin does not "solve" any mystery. It only creates one!
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

gt350shelb

George Washington axe for sale ....... handle replace twice / head replaced once  100 % original   $100k .

Dennis is nothing but a fabricator of stories, and now has 67 Shelby research  group  feeding  him info to  modify his "Story" to fit . 

If  the car had any legitimate traces to an original  car there are at least a dozen people here that would have bought it .

Chance are once his "Restoration" is done   it will be a cobbled together  ass monkey garage  special.

Even if this was a real car there is not enough meat on the bone to be right side up money wise  when car is finished .

As long as the  vin is listed as recreation  in registry/ ........ /further lowering  finished value.

Our Reputation  will stand

This is exactly why it was imperative to Keep Registry away from Carroll Shelby.

Just because you have  exterior color and interior color  and a body style  even the date codes don't help prove much  cars were built in batches .you could have 5 cars that day the same colors . And they were not all shelbys

A fool and his money 

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

427heaven

If someone goes FULL PINNOCHIO and his friends swear by it also, does that mean it is the facts/truth? Credibility of all involved will be tested on the recreation of this car... Will be interesting to watch how it plays out! :-[

Side-Oilers

^^^ That exact tactic has been pretty successfully done by certain countries that rewrote their dark history. 

Apparently, some are very adept at fooling all of the people (almost?) all of the time.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model