News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

BURN RUBBER IN HIS 1966 FORD SHELBY GT350-H: VIDEO

Started by FL SAAC, November 08, 2023, 05:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Reminds me of how I drove in my high school days...and my college days...and in my 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s...a bit less in my 60s, but I had the Kirkham out today and ran 'er pretty aggressively through the canyons.  Might have done a burnout or three. No donuts, though.

All of the above is the sure cure for old age!

BTW About a dozen years ago, before I bought my Kirkham, I was looking for a CSX replica/Kirkham with a 427 solid-lifter, Top Loader, and all the other right stuff.  I finally found a black one (all-iron medium-riser) that looked awesome. A third-party was selling it for the owner. I asked who the owner was, and "Tomy Drissi" was the reply.  I hadn't heard of him, and asked how he treats his cars.

"He takes nice care of them, but I'll bet this one has done a few donuts." 

I have nothing against donuts (with tires or baked goods) but I decided to pass and wait for an aluminum-engined car. Then I found my Kirkham (Bruce Canepa's car) and bought it. Never looked back.

Kudos to Tomy for driving his cars like Carroll intended, rather than let them sit around and just look pretty.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

If ya got em smoke em... I do ! Drive it like you stole it, as intended when new!!! ;D

SHELB66

I'm all for having fun and letting it all hang out but i don't like seeing this in areas where people and other cars are close by.
Call me a wuss but it's just not my cup of tea.  Probably comes from having two little grandkids and being overly cautious with
them when walking the neighborhoods.
GREAT car by the way!  I'm definitely partial to the '66 Hertz.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

FL SAAC

These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all clean. 

CS
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert