News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The First US-Spec Shelby Mach-E - Built for a Hertz Executive

Started by FL SAAC, November 11, 2023, 07:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

The Mach-E Hertz a 3 H Award Winner ( hideous-horrible-horrendous )

What will they do to make it faster?

Will they add 4 more Energizer cylindrical D cell batteries?

Add high performance plastic Gold LeMans/Rally stripes to make it more stylish and slippery?

Two Energizer bunny stickers one on each side of front fenders?

Any other mods above the factory specs?

I just don't know

To add to this enigma, the original person who posted it, mysteriously deleted it

Could this be a possible abduction?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Don't forget that Borla V8 exhaust note.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp2Q0uHWBFM

A couple years ago Borla and SA were working together to develop the noise maker for EVs.

Yes they can and do improve the performance with different mapping of the acceleration and speed curves - all at the detriment to range.

Hot rodded Tesla will only do 2 laps of the Ring with a full charge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uJFpoR6Q0

That's not the Energizer Bunny - it's the Rampant Rabbit - Created and trademarked by Bill Neale. CS used it for years to pitch the thousands of acres of useless Texas scrubland he was stuck with. The Terlingua Preservation Society created an updated logo when the Neale family was being unresponsive to renewing their license to continue using the original. Once they saw it they let TPS use the old one again. I think the new one should be the grille emblem for the Hertz-E.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 11, 2023, 07:22:13 AM

Add high performance plastic Gold LeMans/Rally stripes to make it more stylish and slippery?

I just don't know

To add to this enigma, the original person who posted it, mysteriously deleted it

Steve Saleen built the Saleen GTX Tesla  https://www.saleen.com/gtx/

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 13, 2023, 10:57:14 AMSteve Saleen built the Saleen GTX Tesla 
He also built a Tbird that never sold. Looks like the Tesla will be another answer to a question no one asked too.

$60 grand extra is a little steep - From Motor Trend test......
The electric motor(s) and liquid-cooled battery pack are unchanged, but for enhanced acceleration Saleen replaces the stock transmission with a 11.39:1 ratio for the final-drive that features straight-cut gears, which happen to emit a whine that reminds you of a spacecraft from "The Jetsons."
Observation No. 1: Wow, it's nice having so much electric torque on tap for an uphill grind like this. Both Teslas made the climb feel effortless. Observation No. 2: Splurging on all that torque spikes the energy consumption, and the car's estimated cruising range falls noticeably. Observation No. 3: The "futuristic" whine of the GTX's straight-cut gears is cool—for about five minutes. Then you just want it to shut up.

Will the real GTX please stand up - I wonder when Fiat's lawyers will send the cease and desist order......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on November 13, 2023, 10:57:14 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 11, 2023, 07:22:13 AM

I just don't know

Steve Saleen built the Saleen GTX Tesla  https://www.saleen.com/gtx/

very kool !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert