News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Past SAAC Sweepstake cobra for sale

Started by GTBULLITT, November 11, 2023, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

Finally, a really good driving video! 

Seems like most sellers' videos on BaT just show them putting around in their high powered cars. Makes me wonder WTF they even own them. (Are all of them just flippers? Sad to think they are.)

Question for the group---Is SAAC continuing with the raffle-a-car-to-get-$$$-for-the-club program this year?

Did the first one work out well enough to justify the hassle of doing another?

I posted at the time, asking why the club chose an ERA car (nothing wrong with those) with a fiberglass body. Surely a Kirkham or a CSX4000 with the (Kirkham-made) aluminum body would be more correct for this "we love correct stuff" club.

I'm not suggesting raffling off a real Cobra, but my vote would be to at least get an aluminum-bodied replica.

How 'bout a similarly-valued GT350/500 next time?   Thoughts? 

PS: if I win, I sure won't be flipping it for a quick buck.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

GTBULLITT

Question for the group---Is SAAC continuing with the raffle-a-car-to-get-$$$-for-the-club program this year

This years sweepstake car 2023

https://www.tapkat.org/shelby-american-automobile-club/dErbnE?promo=SAACSITE

Side-Oilers

Thanks...I completely missed that.  Good choice of car, too, SAAC.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

daltondavid

definitely a Badass car. with Cobra automotive involvement, its probably the best Replica currently on the market in my honest opinion,
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Bill

Quote from: daltondavid on November 14, 2023, 02:13:46 PM
definitely a Badass car. with Cobra automotive involvement, its probably the best Replica currently on the market in my honest opinion,

Shame it got messed up with the 2023 Spec Const title in California though....Unless high bidder is in that state, trying to get a kit car titled with a title not listing a year (the SB100 sticker means nothing out of state) is not always an easy thing to do. Wonder what happened to the original title before California decided to do away with it.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Shame it got messed up with the 2023 Spec Const title in California though....Unless high bidder is in that state, trying to get a kit car titled with a title not listing a year (the SB100 sticker means nothing out of state) is not always an easy thing to do. Wonder what happened to the original title before California decided to do away with it.

Bill
[/quote]

But, for those of us in CA, the SB100 sticker is the Golden Ticket at the DMV. 

I'm still amazed our car-hating Commifornia legislature okayed that.  That was a rare case of logic actually winning over blind & defiant gov't ignorance.
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bill

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 15, 2023, 06:30:28 PM

But, for those of us in CA, the SB100 sticker is the Golden Ticket at the DMV. 

I'm still amazed our car-hating Commifornia legislature okayed that.  That was a rare case of logic actually winning over blind & defiant gov't ignorance.

I did make mention to that in my earlier post....Then again, over the years, as the SB100 was being tweaked and developed, I had a few open conversations with Mr. Morgester, Calif state attorney assigned to FRAUD TITLE and REGISTRATION issues. Some things we agreed on, others we did not. How the SB100 came to be, without a year listed on the actual, state issued title, was one of those items we did not agree on.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Side-Oilers

Bill, nice to know that you had some kind of hand in the creation of the...bill. I'm sure there were a lot of things you suggested that didn't make it into the final iteration.

I agree that the SB100 sticker should show an accurate date of manufacture. Because nothing can exist before it was created (don't get all existential on me) not giving the vehicle a correct model year makes it harder to determine its genesis.

Also, this car's sticker lists a 1960 Ford 5.7 liter engine.  So...would that be a 352 Y-block?  It's certainly not an FE, like is actually in the car.  So...how does that equate?  Will it be a potential problem in the future? (If no official looks, then no harm done.)

BTW The top bid of $90k is pretty low, even with two days left.  What's everyone's guesstimate on the over/under?

Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model