News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Early caliper questions

Started by TLea, November 17, 2023, 07:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

Couple early 67 caliper questions. I assume the caliper is same 3/8" 65/66 version w/o the reinforced bar on the side. Are mounting bolts 12 point style or the safety wire style. Are anti rattle clips the large 65/66 style or traditional 67 style?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on November 17, 2023, 07:37:31 PM
Couple early 67 caliper questions. I assume the caliper is same 3/8" 65/66 version w/o the reinforced bar on the side. Are mounting bolts 12 point style or the safety wire style. Are anti rattle clips the large 65/66 style or traditional 67 style?
Tim, 12 point style mounting bolts and the large 65/66 pad retainer has been what I have observed on the early production cars.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Road Reptile

Tim,
The Ford parts listing shows the change date as Oct.
If that helps.
R.R.

J_Speegle

As posted on the other site :)     Example is one of a number from cars built after your car at San Jose.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

Thanks guys. So are the mounting bolts the 66 castlated style or safety wire style like Jeff's picture?

J_Speegle

Sorry should have posted earlier examples with both the earlier caliper and the early mounting bolts

Three examples of that detail from prior to the picture I posted above but slightly after your cars build date

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge