News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Two prototype Cobras, CSX2367 and Tom Cotter at Detroit Historical warehouse

Started by Dwathencars, November 19, 2023, 09:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwathencars

Lori and I drove CSX2367 to The Detroit Historical Society's warehouse Tuesday morning (30 miles, 32 degrees!) to provide our Cobra as comparison to the two prototypes stored there.  Tom Cotter was filming two episodes of Barn Find Hunter - one on the 200 donated cars stored there at old Fort Wayne and the other episode on the Cobra Cougar and the Bordinat Cobra, both built on Cobra tube chassis.  These two cars have been seen at a few shows over the years, neither currently runs, and they are in ok condition.   I'll post when this episode is available to watch, should be a fun show.   The cars are all stored in car cacoon  bubbles, and are a wide variety from Brass, to Scarabs, to multiple prototype/show cars.  Dave
CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder

Dwathencars

CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder

Cobrask8

propayne

Here is the press release photo for the Cougar II, front and back.

Wonder what the future holds for it? Will it ever run and drive again?

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

98SVT - was 06GT

I think it was Jeff Burgy who first tracked these down about 20 years ago. Long before "barn find" became a term.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

propayne

shelby1817

Jeff Burgy was also the person to work on one of the Cobras to first get the hood open..... cable was broken. and replace some of the missing pasts such as the intake... Perhaps he will chime in and tell the back story on the cars and we can give him credit where credit is due... Jeff is a super guy with a true love of the Marque.... 

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

JD

Quote from: shelby1817 on November 20, 2023, 09:27:48 AM
Jeff Burgy was also the person to work on one of the Cobras to first get the hood open..... cable was broken. and replace some of the missing pasts such as the intake... Perhaps he will chime in and tell the back story on the cars and we can give him credit where credit is due... Jeff is a super guy with a true love of the Marque.... 

+1

Jeff is long time Shelby guy and SAAC is lucky to have his efforts and support for many years!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelby1817 on November 20, 2023, 09:27:48 AM
Jeff Burgy was also the person to work on one of the Cobras to first get the hood open........ Jeff is a super guy with a true love of the Marque....
Jeff and Ken Young are 2 guys who haven't missed a convention. Around SAAC 30-35 Kopec said he had enough an cut an attendance trophy in half. Ken & Jeff each got half and Rick told them when one of them missed a convention he'd have to give his half to the other one.
There is probably an article on the cars in the magazine already.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Hov

Unfortunately, Ken Young missed his first convention at SAAC 48, I was hoping to see him there. 

propayne

Thought I'd add these scans of two magazine covers from my collection.

- Phillip

propayne

Also, a big thank you to Mike Scott, aka Honker, for sending me that terrific issue of Track & Traffic from Canada!

- Phillip

Cobramax

Propayne (Phillip), Do either of those magazines have pictures of the engine compartments?

Jim Maxwell

propayne