News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Technical section T/A details

Started by gt350shelb, November 26, 2023, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

quick releases for brake pads
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

NC TRACKRAT

Great pics!  ("The Captain" always dressed for success.) Warbonnet was somethin' else!  I was there the year before the tornado took out the timing and scoring stand! 
5S071, 6S1467

SFM5S000

Very nice photos Phil.

~E

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Thanks for the enthusiasm boost.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 26, 2023, 04:09:26 PM

Are those 67 front calipers and rotors or the big Tbird's? They are in the shadow and I can't see those details, but those look like the small Mustang calipers?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 27, 2023, 10:22:33 AM

Are those 67 front calipers and rotors or the big Tbird's? They are in the shadow and I can't see those details, but those look like the small Mustang calipers?
I don't think the big calipers were legal until 68.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 27, 2023, 10:24:43 AM

Well yes but the picture isn't dated. The small front calipers are the same design as the big Ford is and if you put them side by side the 67 caliper looks like a scaled down version of the "69 Lincoln/Tbird".

I always found it strange that the rules would attempt to limit your speed potential by limiting your braking ability? It just seems counter intuitive to me?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 27, 2023, 11:31:20 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 27, 2023, 10:24:43 AM

Well yes but the picture isn't dated. The small front calipers are the same design as the big Ford is and if you put them side by side the 67 caliper looks like a scaled down version of the "69 Lincoln/Tbird".

I always found it strange that the rules would attempt to limit your speed potential by limiting your braking ability? It just seems counter intuitive to me?
Picture is not dated however given the car does not have the 68 TA fender flairs it is a 67 configuration.

shelbydoug

Phil, show us the TA headers you came up with?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Where did you get all these photos?  I have never seen them before.  Are they personal photos?  Were you there at these races?  If so, impressed.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

OMG! You never said that you had an entire Tunnel Port!  :o

SQUARE stubbie tubes? That's going in -00212? 2" primaries?

That has to be a Bud Moore?

That is positively sick! You might need some carbs. BC-BD 427's work great.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350shelb

I only  have the headers and the heads / push rods and special lifters / these are not what they seem to be . 351 w heads with 312 rocker shaft conversion . ( borrowed photo) 

2 1/4 primaries  likely  bud moore   might be holman moody .

they were built for a 67 /68   so 00212 here we go