News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dealer emblems how many Shelby ones can you find ?

Started by gt350shelb, November 26, 2023, 04:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

Wish I had one of the Bowditch Dealer Emblems for my car 5S275 which was sold by Bowditch Ford.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on December 07, 2023, 10:09:34 PM
Wish I had one of the Bowditch Dealer Emblems for my car 5S275 which was sold by Bowditch Ford.
Texas Swede
Nice to have and great wall art but I can't imagine junking up a GT350 with a dealers advertising regardless if the original selling dealer or not. But that is just me . I know others think differently.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CSX4781

Quote from: texas swede on December 07, 2023, 10:09:34 PM
Texas Swede

Bo,
  Yes, I am on the warpath for one too. My 66, SFM6S1342, was probably the last Shelby sold by Bowditch (or else the highest serial number number sold). I'd run hot or cold about installing one, as there are no holes in the original taillight panel for one. But would still be cool to have. Now that I know what one looks like and have a good photo, it should be easier to show folks what I'm looking for. I'll let you know if I scare up more than one....

Dave

texas swede

The Original Bowditch Dealer Emblem, did it have pins on the backside or was it glued on the back of 5S296.
Looked at old pictures of my car and there are no holes drilled. Bought the car in Feb.1988.
Thanks, Texas Swede

DRGT350

Hey Bo -

hope all is good with you - the Bowditch Emblem has pins  - similar to the GT 350 emblem

Dave

texas swede

Thanks Dave, I am fine, what about you. You solved the problem, my car didn't come with the Bowditch Dealer Emblem. Now I am going to watch my 14-year-old grandson in Sweden placing ice hockey in Stockholm. Can watch in Swedish Hockey TV.
Again, thanks, Texas Swede

DRGT350

Welcome Texas Swede -
Most all ok here - my grandson turns 1 next week... hope yours wins the game -
Dave