News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Another missing mustang

Started by gt350shelb, November 26, 2023, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Hov

When I was a finishing up Junior year in high school I purchased my first BOSS 302.  I would search for articles on the BOSS 302 written in 1970 to see how the car was received by the press. In an article by Car and Driver they took an essentially stock BOSS 302 and put race rubber with different rims and from this photo side exhausts and went to road race it. The title of the article was something like "The Flagman Says Car's Number 9's Stereo Is Too Loud" . It made me feel a little better they were a capable car, I just couldn't afford a first generation GT350. From memory this may be the car from this article ? Never knew it got bumped in the race, interesting photo.         

Hov

Looking back in the photo it was in the "A" sedan race group. 

68countrysedan

believe the article was written by brock yates

s2ms

The January, 1970 C&D article by Brock Yates was also reprinted on pages 3-4 of the Boss 302 Chassis Modification book.
Dave - 6S1757

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SFM5S000

Here's a pic of the article from the BOSS302 Chassis Modification book.

~E