News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hood version timeline

Started by gimmea250swb, November 30, 2023, 12:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmea250swb

I swear I've seen a post on this and I've searched "hood" and can't find what I remember seeing. I thought there was already a post on the various hood changes. I'm hoping for guidance on the change over for the various hood types. My car is 6S1066. Would this be a steel fiberglass or all steel hood?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gimmea250swb on November 30, 2023, 12:43:19 PM
I swear I've seen a post on this and I've searched "hood" and can't find what I remember seeing. I thought there was already a post on the various hood changes. I'm hoping for guidance on the change over for the various hood types. My car is 6S1066. Would this be a steel fiberglass or all steel hood?
Most likely a steel fiberglass hood.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cboss70

If you had to "generally" break down the hood types (fiberglass, steel, fiberglass over steel) to car number ranges what would that look like? Seems like people have answered that in the past on a car by car bases but it would be helpful to know what car number ranges had what type of hood.

gimmea250swb

I discovered the registry notes the hood type. If true, mine was fiber over metal. There were all metal hoods on both sides of my car.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gimmea250swb on December 01, 2023, 10:48:14 AM
I discovered the registry notes the hood type. If true, mine was fiber over metal. There were all metal hoods on both sides of my car.
As well as various other times sprinkled in production . It boiled down to hit and miss with times that were more prevalent then others. Be thankful for a fiberglass and steel innerstructure hood because a original is easier to source compared to a fiberglass to a all steel . The same goes for a reproduction in that it is easier and typically less expensive to make a fiberglass and steel hood look like a original compare to making a proper all steel 66 hood.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby