News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Period pictures, historical perspective

Started by 2112, January 22, 2018, 11:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on January 24, 2018, 08:58:23 PM
Quote from: s2ms on January 23, 2018, 12:06:19 AM
Think this is the one I originally posted on the crashed forum, best version I have...

.      Thermactor car eh?California?
Likely but not a forgone conclusion.  Thermactor cars ended up in non mandatory states sometimes. It depended on things like color and trans and if the combination was needed to fill a dealer order somewhere else. Most cars were built by SA on speculation to fill dealer "orders".
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Everyone,

Just stating the obvious here, but for want of a little more resolution, that serial number plate would be legible.

Thanks,
Eric

rbarkley

Coralsnake

I think Galpin fans will be very happy soon!

427heaven

I grew up in and around that dealership it has been a part of our family for the past 40 years our good friend ran the parts division for decades. A real Ford persons hangout with G A S garage across the street you can have any ford dream built for you. Cool place!!!

shelbydoug

Quote from: JD on January 22, 2018, 10:49:35 PM
Quote from: 67_1183 on January 22, 2018, 08:37:54 PM
If no one else has responded, I have it in 1213 x 1603 425 KB jpg.

If someone has better, I would like it too.

Here is what I have, may not better...

462? Anyone check the hot sheets from 68? Didn't that car get reported stolen in Michigan and never recovered? Hey Dave?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2018, 11:01:37 AM
462? Anyone check the hot sheets from 68? Didn't that car get reported stolen in Michigan and never recovered? Hey Dave?  ;)

462 isn't the cars Shelby VIN. 67410F7U00462 as you can see, was not a thermactor car  nor  black interior car

The number was possibly an inventory number from whereever they picked the car up from.
The location is not one typically used by San Jose for the second rotation number so likely not that

Looks possibly like a much later car from the other clues in the picture
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Wedgeman

Did those CS valve covers even exist in 1967.......unless the pic is from later on..... :o

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Wedgeman on January 27, 2018, 06:06:28 PM
Did those CS valve covers even exist in 1967.......unless the pic is from later on..... :o
Yes they were available. Shelby sold the Cobra name to Ford in 67 ( may have sold it earlier but at least was told to stop using it) so the parts CS sold over the counter like intakes ,valve covers ,oil pans etc. had to be marked Shelby or CS . CS was not licensed by Ford to use the Cobra name. They made parts with the Cobra name under contract by Ford to sell to Ford.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 27, 2018, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

462 isn't the cars Shelby VIN. 67410F7U00462 as you can see, was not a thermactor car  nor  black interior car

The number was possibly an inventory number from whereever they picked the car up from.
The location is not one typically used by San Jose for the second rotation number so likely not that

Looks possibly like a much later car from the other clues in the picture

I was just being my regular, sarcastic self and attempting a little humor. Granted...very little.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 27, 2018, 09:21:21 PM
I was just being my regular, sarcastic self and attempting a little humor. Granted...very little.

Shoot and I missed it. Guess I need to turn on the little bubble heads and other pictures to get the full understanding  - Two steins raised 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: dmg67 on January 24, 2018, 06:23:05 AM
1967 Shelbys waiting for delivery....

Good Lord!  Couldn't they get those cars closer to the foliage? 

"Just keep backing until you hear a scratching sound".
Nothing beats a classic!

johnsshelby

Is the GT500 shown here a Mickey Tomson car. I seem to recall a pic like this in late 1967.

honker

I had this one on the old thread GT350/500 ? ? summer 1967 Mosport, Ontario, Canada.

Mike

Shelby_r_b

Well, these pictures of 0022 are not historically correct, as noted by the rough paint job and lift kit/wheels and tires, but they are fun to see nonetheless.  These pics were taken by the previous owner when he bought the car in 1973.

...good times!
Nothing beats a classic!