News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 drag car

Started by gt350shelb, December 02, 2023, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Grumpy

I never knew Wilmington Ford had this. Is this in Mass ? Looks like it's at NED.

427hunter

Based on that photo they must have been running that car at least into 1969.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Grumpy on December 03, 2023, 02:14:40 PM
I never knew Wilmington Ford had this.

Not all cars with dealer names on them were owned/run by the dealers. They'd trade parts discounts, loan tow vehicles, pay a little money for owners to put some advertising on their cars.
Ford's factory drag team would sometimes paint the local performance dealer name on their car when it ran in the area.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Grumpy

Well NED opened in Sept 66. What makes you think it was run till 69 ?  Wilmington Ford was huge. I believe bigger than Tasca at the time.  Owners were in the next town over . Wilmington an Andover were both very small towns. I lived there all my life. Went to school with the owners kids. I had a new 65 Convertible. For the life of me I can't remember what they drove for cars.  Ok whats the name on the door ? Glenn ????? I have a few older friends that maybe can shed some light on this.

68blk500c

Last name maybe Hays???
Also, something ? heating & cooling on the front fender (sponsor).

s2ms

Based on info in the current Registry this is an original drag car, 6S021. Photo probably taken in 1971 or 1972. The sometime driver listed as Glenn Hughes, door says Glenn Hayes so that's probably a Registry typo. Registry also says it was sometimes named "The Going Thing" and sponsored by Central Heating & Cooling.
Dave - 6S1757

TLea

Yes 6s021 @ NE Dragway. Clear picture of it in registry under different paint scheme/sponsors. At that time said Hays & Hughes

Grumpy

Those names don't ring a bell to me. After 1965 I spent Sept/May in school in Miami but stayed in the car stuff with my friends at home. Ya never know whats lurking in someone's garage nowadays.  ;)