News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

LA storage lot

Started by gt350shelb, December 02, 2023, 07:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

I often wonder how many of these cars have crossed my path  thru the years
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

silverton_ford

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 02, 2023, 07:50:18 PM

I emailed Peter Brock in October 2020 about this photo a when I saw it in the Vintage Road Racing Archive group on Facebook.  Here was his response.

"Hi Brian...Nice to hear from you!  This was taken at the Shelby facility on the Los Angeles airport grounds.  It's of CSX 2287 (the original California built Coupe) being prepped for its only race of the '65 season at Le Mans.  It was easier for the mechanics to work on the interiors with the doors removed. Note the engine isn't installed so they would have had to work on the mounting of the transmission from inside. It didn't make the first races, like the rest of the newer coupes, as it was so tired from the previous season that it needed a complete rebuild.  It is indeed a rare shot....I'd never seen that one.  Best, Peter Brock"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: silverton_ford on December 02, 2023, 09:01:27 PMI emailed Peter Brock i....  Here was his response.

...... It's of CSX 2287
It's fun to be around Pete when any of his 6 children are within 50'. He can spot each one by the little details that were hammered into each body and has their entire history memorized. Like your photo he's never seen it but knew the when/why history of what they were doing to it.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Szabo

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 02, 2023, 07:31:01 PM

I often wonder how many of these cars have crossed my path  thru the years

One of my favourite Pics because it is in color ... i never found out on wich date the Pic was made or even better which cars you can see.
Please let me know when any other information is available for this Pic.

Greets from Germany

Stephan

Szabo

Quote from: silverton_ford on December 02, 2023, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: gt350shelb on December 02, 2023, 07:50:18 PM

I emailed Peter Brock in October 2020 about this photo a when I saw it in the Vintage Road Racing Archive group on Facebook.  Here was his response.

"Hi Brian...Nice to hear from you!  This was taken at the Shelby facility on the Los Angeles airport grounds.  It's of CSX 2287 (the original California built Coupe) being prepped for its only race of the '65 season at Le Mans.  It was easier for the mechanics to work on the interiors with the doors removed. Note the engine isn't installed so they would have had to work on the mounting of the transmission from inside. It didn't make the first races, like the rest of the newer coupes, as it was so tired from the previous season that it needed a complete rebuild.  It is indeed a rare shot....I'd never seen that one.  Best, Peter Brock"

Very very good to read some backround information, now i can find a better time Code for the Pic, thank you very much.