News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 racecar

Started by gt350shelb, December 02, 2023, 08:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

CSX4781

SFM6S1066. The owner occasionally on the forum.

Dave

gimmea250swb

Thanks for posting, where did you find the photo?

gt350shelb

no idea where i found that photo but sure would like to know the history of that car .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Harris Speedster

Is this a Peruvian car ?
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

gimmea250swb

It is one of the Peruvian cars. It was originally an automatic, but converted to 4 speed for racing. Teodoro "El Zorro" Yangali raced it. I've got a record of roughly 10 races they participated in. The Caminos del Inca is still raced today. It's a multi-day rally from sea level up to the Andes Mountains, over 1500 miles. He won overall twice. There's an article in this year's Summer 2023 Shelby American. I was lucky enough to travel to Peru to meet the driver, navigator and mechanic last year.

Here's a video of the race: https://www.bpvideolibrary.com/record/745

Check clips at: 9:05, 11:55, 16:25, 21:25, 29:35. There are more of the car in there, but those were the easiest to find. If you've got time, the full video is pretty interesting.

jamesfee

Many thanks for the link! Cool video.
6S1801

6s1640

There also appears to be a 1965 GT350.  I see R-model door windows and frame. Is this a 65 GT350R, 5R530?

Cory

Harris Speedster

As I have a bit of knowledge on 530, visited it at Walts place in Colorado.
If it is, Nick B was whom it was purchased from in Peru. Not sure of last name, maybe Brozovich or something like that.
Registry should have better details/
I worked with George Stauffer to sell it for him.
I have vivid pictures of the car.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

daltondavid

Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

gimmea250swb

Quote from: Harris Speedster on December 04, 2023, 09:07:12 AM
As I have a bit of knowledge on 530, visited it at Walts place in Colorado.
If it is, Nick B was whom it was purchased from in Peru. Not sure of last name, maybe Brozovich or something like that.
Registry should have better details/
I worked with George Stauffer to sell it for him.
I have vivid pictures of the car.
John

Hey there, It's nice that I can contribute here.  Bratzo Vicich didn't race this year (1970). I met Bratzo's daughter when I visited Peru for Yangali's 50 yr victory anniversary.  Alvarado raced this year and he had an R model. He actually owned two - one was completely destroyed. This year Yangali (my car) came first in class, 4th OA. Alverado (#403) DNF'd in stage 3. Seems consistent with the photo.

gimmea250swb

Hopefully this isn't too cheesy. Based on the videos above and the photos I've gathered, here are some models I've built on my car. 1969, 1970 and 1971 versions.

CSX4781

Taylor,
  Not cheesy at all, very cool,  now you just have to decide which way you want to do the car itself.... ::)... thanks for sharing.

Dave

gimmea250swb

If I were to do it, it would be 407.  That was the first year Yangali and the car won the race. He won the following year too :). I've looked into it, but don't know how well it would be received. Also, the car was stripped inside except for the seats.
Would I pull all the restored interior out?  The fun part would be going to side pipes :)