News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How many "restored" Cobras are over restored?

Started by john galt, December 03, 2023, 05:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john galt

Pic of an original 427 Cobra left door latch area.  Not what many people would call "concours correct" today.

J_Speegle

We know that Mustangs and Shelby's were assembled and then painted with the door on as well as certain other parts creating the same "look". Not sure how many strip the primer coat off the unibody before attaching the hinges and doors or trunk lid but yes judges would consider having bare steel between the surfaces "concours correct" if they could see that  :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

What we consider to be "icons" ( and I do ) today, where once regular production automobiles or daily drivers
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

J_Speegle

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 04, 2023, 09:34:30 AM
What we consider to be "icons" ( and I do ) today, where once regular production automobiles or daily drivers

Not sure if many considered Cobras as "regular production" cars. They weren't where I grew up nor with the car guys in our area
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

Quote from: J_Speegle on December 04, 2023, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on December 04, 2023, 09:34:30 AM

Not sure if many considered Cobras as "regular production" cars. They weren't where I grew up nor with the car guys in our area

One has got to remember its humble origins at the AC Cars LTD. before becoming Americanized

But you are correct,  low production vehicles would be a better description
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rkm

gt350shelb

over restored  or protecting the vehicle  from shelbys  poor craftsmanship?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .