News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Early GT350 Cobra SMS1 oil pan?

Started by 21.04, December 04, 2023, 03:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I purchased a 66 hi-po Conv about a year ago that has an aluminum Cobra intake, valve covers, oil pan and a Holley carb.  I'm just getting around to removing the valve covers and oil pan and will not be using these.  I am unsure what I have or current values of these.  There are a few that look similar in the sale history, but the prices dissapppear once they sell for some reason.  From some of the posts, it appears I may have an early SMS1 version Cobra oil pan with no SMS1 stamping and has the raised areas for bolts.  Flap doors are all there and look good.  Minor scrape on the bottom edge of the pan around the drain area.  I just cleaned them with dish soap, they are not blasted, repainted or restored.  I appreciate any help in IDing this and market value. 

-Matt

Vernon Estes

That's a very early reproduction but a cool piece nonetheless.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

A Ford replacement or some other reproduction?  What are some details that distinguish this one as a repro va ones used originally on GT 350's?

SFM5S000

If I'm not mistaken that's a Bill Maier Racing "triple gated" pan from the late 1970's.

Cheers,
~Earl J

6s1640

Quote from: 21.04 on December 04, 2023, 09:11:25 PM
A Ford replacement or some other reproduction?  What are some details that distinguish this one as a repro va ones used originally on GT 350's?

I think the triple gate is you best clue it's a reproduction.

Good luck

Cory