News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Buddy Bar Cobra vale cover ID?

Started by 21.04, December 04, 2023, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Like my previous post implied, I've removed a Cobra aluminum oil pan and pair of valve covers from a 66 hi-po I purchased about a year ago.  Im sure there are a lot of reproductions and variations of Cobra valve covers that were made and used over the years.  Cobra letters are painted blue and still have nice paint.  Buddy Bar Casting Co cast inside both pieces.  I just cleaned these with dish soap, and did not blast them or repaint the letters.  They are essentially farm fresh.  Hoping someone could let me know what I have and perhaps a market value on these???  I have yet to remove the aluminum Cobra intake and Holley carb. 

deathsled

I've never known original open letter Cobra valve covers to have been painted blue or painted at all for that matter but that does not preclude someone painting the letters blue at a later date. The fact that the castings say Buddy Bar Casting Co. sounds promising. But I will have to defer to the experts on site. Someone will chime in.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

From the factory the open letter valve covers were not painted. Repro open letter valve covers do not have the buddy bar casting on the inside.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tomhawk

Original covers. But someone has taken the time to polish the sides smooth. Not sure if that does anything to the value. Nice covers though.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tomhawk on December 05, 2023, 04:54:19 PM
Original covers. But someone has taken the time to polish the sides smooth. Not sure if that does anything to the value. Nice covers though.
Polishing typically doesn't help the value  ;) .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby