News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

New 67 "Shelbys"

Started by mark iv, December 05, 2023, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark iv

Now available, new 'Repromod" 67 GT500 and GT350s. https://hitechlegends.com/

I have seen them and whatever your take is on "Continuation/replica/etc." cars, these are very well built. Done by Hi Tech Automotive in South Africa the body is not an off the shelf Dynacorn but rather assembled by Hi Tech in their own jigs and fixtures. The people I know who have driven them were impressed with the handling and solid feel of the chassis.

With Revology and others in the Repromod business, Hi Tech was determined to be different and provide what they feel is a superior product.

I have no connection with these other than being friends with the factory owner so no skin in the game for me.

shelbydoug

They seem to have taken some liberties ? That's good for the original owners though.

It makes it easy to spot a real one or a counterfeit.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

So lets start with "how much do they cost?"

Because Im guessing you could buy a real one for the price
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 05, 2023, 08:53:23 AM

It says Base Price is $214,500.

propayne

^^^ and no engine or transmission?

I have to wonder - when (if) Dynacorn completes their remanufacturing of new '67/'68 Cougar bodies if companies like Hi-Tech Legends will offer "new" GT-Es.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Don Johnston

I have an issue with the ad slogan "Own The Legend".  Wouldn't that apply to an original only?  Should be "Own a Variation of a Legend". 8)

Chad

Quote from: tesgt350 on December 05, 2023, 09:13:36 AM

That base price does not include an engine or Trans.  It says that is the responsibility of the owner!  I will bet you your all in price would be around $300,000, if you want any options.

tesgt350

Quote from: Chad on December 05, 2023, 01:20:30 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on December 05, 2023, 09:13:36 AM

That base price does not include an engine or Trans.  It says that is the responsibility of the owner!  I will bet you your all in price would be around $300,000, if you want any options.

Since it is built in Africa, shipping it with out a Motor and Trans makes it easier to Import and is considered a "Kit Car".

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Wedgeman

Curious to see if one appears at an auction, what the "ELEANOR"  enthusiasts(?) will think of it?... ::)

Prototype

They say imitation is flattery. Seems like these are not for this group however.

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

tesgt350

Quote from: s2ms on December 05, 2023, 10:31:13 PM
Looks like you can get it either way....

https://hitechlegends.com/pricing/

From their Web Site:  "Hi-Tech Legends is not an Engine or Gearbox supplier. Purchasing of the Engine and Gearbox is the responsibility of the customer and/or their chosen installer, and is for the customer's account. The pricing provided is an estimate for budgetary and information purposes only and prices may therefore vary between different parts suppliers."

tesgt350

I priced one out to just under $217,750 BUT, that is with NO Motor or Trans.