News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Next generation and collector cars

Started by BGlover67, July 24, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylife

https://www.motor1.com/news/258301/lewis-hamilton-discusses-car-collection/

I think Lewis Hamilton sums up what a lot of young people feel. They don't have the visceral connection of growing up with these cars in the 60' or 70's. They are growing up with modern Mustangs, more power, more safety features, on and on that's important to them. Why would they pay a premium for an old Shelby? They're not gonna, unless they have an unlimited budget, like Hamilton, who can pay a premium for a "piece of junk".
Folks who grew up in the 50's love the 57 Chevy, would pay a premium for a nice 1. I grew up a decade later, think the 57's are cool, but would not pay any premium to own 1. Not interested. On the other hand, I will pay a premium for an old Shelby.

FL SAAC

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 25, 2018, 01:13:05 PM
^^^^ Lol out loud funny. My wife jokes that I have said when I die please burry me inside the car!

funny you mention that, a friend sent me this today
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

terlingua11

except he ( me ) needs to be sitting upright holding on to the wheel! Shit eaten' grin would also be preferred!!
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 25, 2018, 02:04:02 PM
except he ( me ) needs to be sitting upright holding on to the wheel! Shit eaten' grin would also be preferred!!
.  Well a good undertaker/embalmer could probably provide the grin(of course if you died driving the car that might not be necessary) :D

Bigfoot

Quote from: 557 on July 25, 2018, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on July 25, 2018, 09:24:21 AM
Quote from: 557 on July 25, 2018, 09:18:20 AM
My dad loved old cars,I love old cars,my kids just don't care..I blame the internet....

What will u do with ur Shelby in 20 -30 years....
.    Still be driving it I hope....I plan to live forever...  8)

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 25, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

dont know how accurate this is but fyi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kojokrom.com/reason-why-90-year-old-man-was-buried-in-his-car/amp/?source=images

I have all UNGOLD cars

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 25, 2018, 01:13:05 PM
^^^^ Lol out loud funny. My wife jokes that I have said when I die please burry me inside the car!
I'll pay for the funeral and bury you in 1904 if you leave me 2122 in your will  ::)
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

terlingua11

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

TOBKOB

[quotedont know how accurate this is but fyi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kojokrom.com/reason-why-90-year-old-man-was-buried-in-his-car/amp/?source=images
][/quote]  They took the wheels off. Did they think he was going to escape?  :-\

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Don Johnston

Probably needed them for the hearse.

FL SAAC

folks let's stay on topic;

next generation and collector cars

I would like to qoute doris day ;

Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será, será
What will be, will be

just keep driving them and enjoying them, tommorow is not guaranteed

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chad

There is one thing for sure...Millennials will not be able to buy any classic cars because they do not want to work!!!!!!!!!

Chad

Guys remember our hobby is not just in the US anymore. Our hobby is global!!!  I remember going to Pebble Beach auctions in 2006.  You could have shot a shotgun in one of those auctions and not hit anyone.  Try going to one now.  You can not get in unless you are a registered bidder!  And all the people at the those auctions are not grey haired!!  I bet if you asked all of those people at the auctions and car shows if they loved cars as a kid half of them would say no!  A lot of guys get into cars later in their lives when they can afford them!

FL SAAC

Quote from: Chad on July 26, 2018, 09:27:02 AM
There is one thing for sure...Millennials will not be able to buy any classic cars because they do not want to work!!!!!!!!!

and if they win the lotto...

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Chad on July 26, 2018, 09:32:47 AM
Guys remember our hobby is not just in the US anymore. Our hobby is global!!!  I remember going to Pebble Beach auctions in 2006.  You could have shot a shotgun in one of those auctions and not hit anyone.  Try going to one now.  You can not get in unless you are a registered bidder!  And all the people at the those auctions are not grey haired!!  I bet if you asked all of those people at the auctions and car shows if they loved cars as a kid half of them would say no!  A lot of guys get into cars later in their lives when they can afford them!

+ 1

I have all UNGOLD cars