News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Next generation and collector cars

Started by BGlover67, July 24, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR Convertible

A friend of mine puts on a car show every September to benefit a high school football team.  Seems like a good way to combine the two and hopefully create some interest.  Could be done as a fundraiser for any youth group.

Swiss-Stang

In Europe more and more cities ban old cars from the road due to exhaust emissions. Emission, safety and noise laws become stricter every year. In the not so far future it might become impossible to drive classic cars on public roads anymore. It is sad I know, but most politicians do not care about classic cars.
For this reason I drive my classic cars as often as possible. I use them even for holiday travels and business trips. If you can't drive them anymore, the value will drop.

Quote from: Swiss-Stang on July 26, 2018, 12:23:30 PM
In Europe more and more cities ban old cars from the road due to exhaust emissions. Emission, safety and noise laws become stricter every year. In the not so far future it might become impossible to drive classic cars on public roads anymore. It is sad I know, but most politicians do not care about classic cars.
For this reason I drive my classic cars as often as possible. I use them even for holiday travels and business trips. If you can't drive them anymore, the value will drop.
.  Yeah ,plus not driving them is BAD for the car over time....

FL SAAC

So sorry to hear that is happening in Europe amongst other travesties, but as far as values going down truly dont believe they will.

You have a limited amount of original inventory,  that's it no more

Ttruly cant count any of the continuation vehicles as originals because they are just that, copies ...

To have a real shelby from the 1960s 70 era is like having a rare coin

Hoping the European situations get better.

Regards
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Vernon Estes

You guys are all correct.

The sky is, in fact, falling!

Hurry and avoid the certain and impending doom of value drops! Sell me those cars!

I'm happy to take the hit for you all by purchasing your car quickly. I am just that nice of a guy..

Signed,

The Old Young Guy

Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Don Johnston

Enjoy the rides while you can like at SAAC conventions and regional events.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Vernon Estes on July 26, 2018, 01:29:10 PM

Hurry and avoid the certain and impending doom of value drops! Sell me those cars!

I'm happy to take the hit for you all by purchasing your car quickly. I am just that nice of a guy..

Signed,

The Old Young Guy

Vern , if I haven't told you lately...I love you man !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on July 26, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

+ 1 tomorrow is not guaranteed

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on July 26, 2018, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: Don Johnston on July 26, 2018, 01:35:03 PM

+ 1 tomorrow is not guaranteed
.  Pretty likely though(hell I am an optimist) 8)

Chad

Signed,

Vern if you get overloaded with to many cars call me and I will buy a few! ;D
The Old Young Guy

silverton_ford

Signed,

The Old Young Guy

Vern,  Can I get in line with you?    I am going on a strong 34 years over here and still searching for a Shelby.   :)  Also, I have just a little over two acres and only one shop.  There is still plenty of time to build more shops to store more cars.   ;D

Chris Thauberger

Signed,

The Old Young Guy

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Bigfoot

That's easy
Move here
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

[/quote]

That's easy
Move here
[/quote]

+ 1

I have all UNGOLD cars

69mach351w

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on July 25, 2018, 10:33:45 PM
folks let's stay on topic;

next generation and collector cars

I would like to qoute doris day ;

Que será, será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será, será
What will be, will be

just keep driving them and enjoying them, tommorow is not guaranteed
Amen Tony, we're just caretakers of our hunks of iron. When we are gone, what difference does it make what our gens below us do with them. Again, tomorrow is not guaranteed!