News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

wise words from the past

Started by gt350shelb, December 06, 2023, 10:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

gt350hr

Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts

Re: Will this forum evolve or devolve?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »
We DO have a reputation to up hold . Other sites have been proclaiming our demise similar to when CS initiated his Chicken Sxxt law suit against SAAC .  STRONG members make a STRONG forum. THIS FORUM has NEVER run from ANYBODY and there is no reason for that to change. The knowledge IS still here. Like a kick in the nuts it hurts for a while and then you are back with a vengance. I know "I" am. Until POOKIE is allowed to be a member, I'll be here. Who's with me????
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Side-Oilers

I'm still in. Been here since Forum 1.0.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

gt350shelb

Quote from: Side-Oilers on December 07, 2023, 12:24:45 AM
I'm still in. Been here since Forum 1.0.

it was more the message ;)     glad you are still here !
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

68blk500c

plan to stay here.
If everyone would just use the IGNORE button!

Bill

Since early SAACforum 1.0  8)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

NC TRACKRAT

We've been here quite a while now and don't plan on leaving. At our advanced age, we don't venture too far from home so attending the annual convention depends on where it's held.  This forum gives us a way to stay connected, learn, contribute, buy and sell. More importantly, it's given us the ability to make friends and acquaintances that, otherwise, would never have happened.
5S071, 6S1467

doublemyv

This forum is invaluable in many ways. In my 14 + years on the forum, it has been THE authority on all things Shelby related.  You all have helped me build # 444 ( not quite done yet ) with all the tribal knowledge.   I have contributed photos and comments when I can, and greatly appreciate the collective history from all.   The forum will survive.  Mark

gt350shelb

another quality post

"99% of the time, I don't get involved in all the hype like what's been going on in SAAC forum 2.0. And I will comment this one time and that's it.

I am fairly new here and got away from other forums that carry on like I've been noticing here.

But, this forum, IMHO from what I've seen on other Ford, Shelby and Mustang forums opened to the general public, is quickly becoming like other forums I discontinued visiting.

As you all may know the main forum(s) I'm talking about. I won't mention them here.

The old SAAC forum was a work of art and truly instumental in my learning about the first Gen Shelbys. This new forum is fast losing that IMO. It has lost it's roots somehow along the way. Maybe most that have been on here for years still can't get over losing all the information compiled over a decade on the old forum.
That's honestly what I see.  And sometimes the members here, when not moderated efficiently, will get carried away with subjects not related at all to the Shelby and can be downright demeaning.

I know, some see the "Lounge" as a way to communicate about anything, but when talking trash about women, the clothes they wear and such, and talking trash to each other, in my opinion, that stuff has a place on other (non-car forums), not here.

All my comments here are the way I see through my eyes and thoughts and the way I see SAAC 2.0.

Thank You....."

Lincoln tech

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 07, 2023, 07:21:29 PM

another quality post

"99% of the time, I don't get involved in all the hype like what's been going on in SAAC forum 2.0. And I will comment this one time and that's it.

I am fairly new here and got away from other forums that carry on like I've been noticing here.

But, this forum, IMHO from what I've seen on other Ford, Shelby and Mustang forums opened to the general public, is quickly becoming like other forums I discontinued visiting.

As you all may know the main forum(s) I'm talking about. I won't mention them here.

The old SAAC forum was a work of art and truly instumental in my learning about the first Gen Shelbys. This new forum is fast losing that IMO. It has lost it's roots somehow along the way. Maybe most that have been on here for years still can't get over losing all the information compiled over a decade on the old forum.
That's honestly what I see.  And sometimes the members here, when not moderated efficiently, will get carried away with subjects not related at all to the Shelby and can be downright demeaning.

I know, some see the "Lounge" as a way to communicate about anything, but when talking trash about women, the clothes they wear and such, and talking trash to each other, in my opinion, that stuff has a place on other (non-car forums), not here.

All my comments here are the way I see through my eyes and thoughts and the way I see SAAC 2.0.

Thank You....."
There is moderation but seems as it only applies to some , it still amazes me how only certain threads get locked or deleted , who is behind all this nonsence ???

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

Times have changed  and yes everyone is older , 10 years ago the forum did not exist.  this was a change for the better . allows more info to be shared and  compared , multiple  discussions that  lead to more accurate  reporting of the history have come from it . But in the  beginning  the conversation was we don't need  it . The club was / Is better  for this change .

The unfortunate loss of all the info from those 10 years is  disappointing.

MANY of the current club member have invested  Time and effort and  funds to support the  "Club" .    It is the behind the scene  investment  by The registrars and  their families  for the last  40 years  should have some  bearing on what happens going forward .  Out of respect for them  !

The Powers that be  have enthusiasm about a 1/4 inch  deep now  .

They have Put together  A Great assembly of people ( members) who have vast tracks of  enthusiasm  for the brand  and the club.

The lawsuit soured many .... but it also brought out  many longtime members   .

If we had a nickel for every time  the  "Go start your own club"   conversation had come up .

Dividing the club members would be a loss on both sides and  not productive for either side .

I'm really not a fan of the last one out turn off the lights  version of the clubs exit plan.

The Titanic captain was not to be swayed  either . full steam ahead we  wont need those reports .