News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Suggestions for next year's SAAC Carolinas events

Started by BGlover67, December 11, 2023, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I hope everyone is doing well, and that the holiday season hasn't stressed you out to the max, lol.  It's never to early to start to think about next years Shelby events in the Carolinas.  Since the Springtime event at the airport seems to be such a hit, we were thinking of continuing the streak, but we are open to any new suggestions to improve it overall.  Also, how about a fall event?  Thoughts?

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bill

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 11, 2023, 10:00:29 PM
I hope everyone is doing well, and that the holiday season hasn't stressed you out to the max, lol.  It's never to early to start to think about next years Shelby events in the Carolinas.  Since the Springtime event at the airport seems to be such a hit, we were thinking of continuing the streak, but we are open to any new suggestions to improve it overall.  Also, how about a fall event?  Thoughts?

Brian

I'd like to see some South Carolina events, but there does not seem to be many vintage Shelby owners in South Carolina who actually drive their cars these days.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

NC TRACKRAT

I contacted the Hagerty rep two or three times about touring the Hendrick Collection and was promised they'd "get back to me" but they haven't.  Perhaps we don't have a sufficient customer base to get them motivated? 
5S071, 6S1467

Cobrask8

Definitely the NASCAR shops or the Corvette Museum.

Outer Banks run?

Anything with Clensom?

65shelby

We're already planning on another May gathering at the Aviation Museum. One of our CRMC members is working on possibly getting a local P51 Mustang to fly in for the event and do a photo-op. May cost a PP fee to cover his expenses but we'll see. More to come on that....

Brian, call me some time to discuss further.

Mark
Mark Young
Union County Mustangs, since 1987

1955 T-Bird (Grandfather's original car)
1966 GT350 Carry-Over replica
1966 K-GT 2+2
2001 GT Bullitt (Son's)
2007 GT/CS Convertible (Wife's)
2011 V6 GT500 Tribute (Daughter's)
2018 GT350 White/Blue

BGlover67

I will Mark.  Btw, I sure do miss Woody.  I was thinking about him the other day
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

65shelby

Yes, we all do.
Always a somber time seeing all the wonderful pics posted of the GT350 Tours he anchored.
We just did our 3rd annual 'Toast to Woody' last month at our old Watering Hole.... Kristopher's in Matthews.
Hard to believe it's been 3-years.... We Face-Timed his daughter Noel and everyone got to visit.
Mark Young
Union County Mustangs, since 1987

1955 T-Bird (Grandfather's original car)
1966 GT350 Carry-Over replica
1966 K-GT 2+2
2001 GT Bullitt (Son's)
2007 GT/CS Convertible (Wife's)
2011 V6 GT500 Tribute (Daughter's)
2018 GT350 White/Blue

BGlover67

Quote from: 65shelby on December 12, 2023, 02:49:02 PM
Yes, we all do.
Always a somber time seeing all the wonderful pics posted of the GT350 Tours he anchored.
We just did our 3rd annual 'Toast to Woody' last month at our old Watering Hole.... Kristopher's in Matthews.
Hard to believe it's been 3-years.... We Face-Timed his daughter Noel and everyone got to visit.

So good to hear that Mark.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

NC TRACKRAT

Brian-Just sent you a PM.  Give me a shout when you get a free minute.
5S071, 6S1467

TA Coupe

Quote from: 65shelby on December 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM
We're already planning on another May gathering at the Aviation Museum. One of our CRMC members is working on possibly getting a local P51 Mustang to fly in for the event and do a photo-op. May cost a PP fee to cover his expenses but we'll see. More to come on that....

Brian, call me some time to discuss further.

Mark

I know it's not a Shelby but here's my Mustang with a P51.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Kent

One question to the Carolina Guys I will be in Wilmington NC for 2 weeks to visit a friend I come down from NY City is there something I have to see as a Shelby and Racing guy? Thanks...
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

tesgt350

NC TRACKRAT

Sadly, no, the Tail of the Dragon is hours away on the SW side of the state.  Wilmington is not near any of the NASCAR race shops, most of which are in the Charlotte/Concord area. RCR is up near us in Welcome, NC.
5S071, 6S1467

BGlover67

Dear Kent,

Welcome to America!  What dates to be plan to be here in the states?  Will you be traveling around North Carolina or just be staying in Wilmington?  If you decide to take a trip to Charlotte, a visit to the Mustang Owner's Museum would be worth your time.  I'm based out of Chapel Hill, but would love to meet up with you and talk Shelbys if at all possible.  My email is:  Bubbletime1@gmail.com

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Kent

I will be in NY City at the 2nd of Feb. then I will go south to Wilmington NC last time I took the route close to the ocean which is slower but nice for the kids. I don't want to bore them so everything that is on the 2 routes to Wilmington makes the most sense.

I don't know how often I was in the US in the last 20 years but sometimes 5-6 times per year. I always was hunting for cars now as there is not much interesting on the market I try to see some more shops, museums etc. One of my biggest favorites even if it's not a car museum is the Air and Space Museum in Chantilly and I think I need to go to Washington DC to the other one.

Yes the most cool Nascar Shops are more in the country. Indianapolis is also far away but their museum is awesome.

And Brian I think we can maybe meet at a SAAC Convention. I will try to go there this or next year as my last time was the 50th Birthday of the 1967 GT500
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68