News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 Mustang

Started by Coralsnake, December 12, 2023, 08:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

tesgt350

Very nice Car.

What do you think it will Bid to?  $585

What do you think it SHOULD Bid to?  $850

FL SAAC

Thats the one and only Shelby Boss in our S. A. A. C. registry  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

Unfortunately, no evidence it was ever built as a Shelby.

SCJSTU

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 12, 2023, 09:18:56 AM

correct.........I am sure Gary will post a picture here what it looked like before it was restored with Shelby stuff added
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Coralsnake

I also remind people Shelby Engineering had other cars assigned to them, like Ford Thunderbirds, so it would not be unusual to have something like a Boss 302. That doesnt necessarily make them "Shelbys"

The writer also tries to validate the car with special order information and some nonsense about cars that have "44" in the serial numbers. This is easily disproven as is the date when Shelby left Ford

If anyone can provide any information to the contrary, I would be happy to apologize and correct my statements

shelbymann1970

I've known MANY owners of this car.   I can only report what I have seen and what I have been told. It is a 1 of one. Cool car. In 1984 my inspection yielded factory B2 no scoop quarters on it. first pic is when second owner and a friend at the time Jeff Plowman owned it in 1985. Second pic taken at SFNs at Milan when George owned the car with fresh paint early 90s. . Notice the very rare bowed 69 specific rear wing? Anyone wants to talk to me about what I know message me as I don't want to get sued for "telling it like I've seen it". 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 12, 2023, 10:07:21 AM
I also remind people Shelby Engineering had other cars assigned to them, like Ford Thunderbirds, so it would not be unusual to have something like a Boss 302. That doesnt necessarily make them "Shelbys"

The writer also tries to validate the car with special order information and some nonsense about cars that have "44" in the serial numbers. This is easily disproven as is the date when Shelby left Ford

If anyone can provide any information to the contrary, I would be happy to apologize and correct my statements
Back in 1984 a friend of mine and Ford employee  Nick Zuk also looked at the car as it sat at a self service gas station on a main corner 1 block from his house. Back then he said Ford built 2 or 3 of them doing research at work but we now know 1. So there have been many Ford guys who have known this car. The original owner had passed away when George went looking for him(I had his name and he was from Canton Mi) to try and find the original engine. When Jeff bought the car the engine was in the owner's basement but he wouldn't let it go with the car. Car had a 351C in it. I don't know if the original engine was ever found as I never asked George if he found the guy's son who probably had the engine but who knows. I still have the Snakebite with this car for sale by3rd owner  Gary___ from Kingsport Tn(Jeff moved back then not long after I met him). I actually talked to Gary on the phone and that is how I knew Jeff moved back. Back then we didn't have cell phones and internet and if someone moved like that many times you lost track of them. I believe George was the 4th owner.  At least 2 other owners I believe are on this forum. I wonder if they will post.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

gt350shelb

also remember this car with  no shelby parts
:D
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbymann1970

Quote from: gt350shelb on December 12, 2023, 11:34:39 AM
also remember this car with  no shelby parts
:D
To be clear it did have the roll bar, console and 140 speedo when I knew it in 1984 along with 5 Shelby wheels-no space savor in trunk so I highly doubt the original owner pitched the SS and added a full size Shelby wheel and tire. I tried buying the wheels for my 70 GT500.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bob Gaines

I was a previous owner. It was meant to be built as a Shelby by all evidence but the Shelby conversion was never started on .It was  completed at Ford with all the Shelby wiring installed on the Ford line just like any other 69 Shelby but never shipped to Smith . Apparently the program was killed most likely because of the Mustang Boss 302. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

did anyone catch the sellers handle on  car #2244 on Ebay? It is bs2244.  I'm still laughing...
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 12, 2023, 12:06:04 PM
I was a previous owner. It was meant to be built as a Shelby by all evidence but the Shelby conversion was never started on .It was  completed at Ford with all the Shelby wiring installed on the Ford line just like any other 69 Shelby but never shipped to Smith . Apparently the program was killed most likely because of the Mustang Boss 302.
Did it have the roll bar and shelby console and 140 speedo in it when you had it Bob? I remember those in 1984. I don't recall the front fog lamps but I was more interested in the rear of the car and interior than the lower front.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 12, 2023, 12:49:36 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 12, 2023, 12:06:04 PM
Did it have the roll bar and shelby console and 140 speedo in it when you had it Bob? I remember those in 1984. I don't recall the front fog lamps but I was more interested in the rear of the car and interior than the lower front.
I remember the 140 speedo  but not the roll bar or Shelby console.This is not to say those things were taken out prior to my ownership. I do remember that after the unibody came back from being Redi stripped in the alkaline bath it looked like a piece of Swiss cheese all over which was the reason I sold it.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I just think its not being represented fairly. But, its a great story