News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

S7MS-9424-A

Started by pbf777, December 13, 2023, 12:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbf777

Just a curious inquiry as to the validity to the statement made at the link below of these S7MS-9424-A, "SHELBY" intake manifolds being "recalled"?   :-\

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1259535438066736/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A7a101df6-a2e4-4132-a57d-581957a58a36

"This particular intake was a recall, Shelby sent a letter to all customer with intake to take car to Ford dealerships. At that time they removed the intake pictured and installed the revised aluminum Cobra marked Intake.
So how many of the OEM Shelby ones are left that weren't removed from OEM Shelby cars."

Scott.

shelbydoug

As far as I know, the Shelby lettered intakes don't exist at the time of the recall. They were Cobra lettered.

The recall was to install Cobra lettered intakes on 68 GT350's that were built with the stock 302 J code iron 4v intakes.

So I suppose it depends on the reading of the post? It could have been written better.

I think it is a fair price for the manifold, but is not the one that you want to be accurate. I would think the Cobra lettered one would be maybe double that but setting prices on parts these days is speculative at best. There is no Kelly Blue book on parts.

You ask what you want, then you negotiate.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: pbf777 on December 13, 2023, 12:48:50 PM
     Just a curious inquiry as to the validity to the statement made at the link below of these S7MS-9424-A, "SHELBY" intake manifolds being "recalled"?   :-\

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1259535438066736/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A7a101df6-a2e4-4132-a57d-581957a58a36

"This particular intake was a recall, Shelby sent a letter to all customer with intake to take car to Ford dealerships. At that time they removed the intake pictured and installed the revised aluminum Cobra marked Intake.
So how many of the OEM Shelby ones are left that weren't removed from OEM Shelby cars."

Scott.
The Shelby marked intakes ,valves ,oil pans etc started to be sold in later 1967. The Shelby marked intake etc. were developed and marked to be typically sold through retail marketing arm of Shelby Automotive like catalogs etc.. The Cobra marked intakes sold in later 67 and 1968 by contrast were trademarked by Ford and sold through Ford parts departments.  The Cobra trademark was owned by Ford. Although in the "anything is possible" category it would be extremely unlikely that a Shelby marked intake would be used in a Ford recall campaign.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

1. Its Facebook

2. Its Facebook

3. Its Florida
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Lincoln tech

pbf777

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 13, 2023, 01:39:09 PM
Its Florida

Ahhhh, com'on!   :)  As being a true "Cracker",  May I say that the problem is that the bulk of the population in Florida is actually from somewhere else!  ;)

And, though if feel Wisconsin is probably a fine place (never been there; and it's too cold!  ???), and I understand it's been well known for Beer (my personal favorite ;D), cheese and other dairy products, but also perhaps the largest population of light bulb installation experts in the country!   ::)

Scott.

P.S. "Moderators", O.K., were just having a little fun here, pokin' at each other, no hostilities, and no harm meant to anyone!   :)

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

pbf777

Nah............, we're just havin' a little fun!   :)

Oh, and I do appreciate the responses to my inquiry; and yes I had not been under the impression that the "Shelby" intake examples would have probably been O.E.M. (Ford or Shelby) directly but were rather an after market offering. 

Scott.

Tomdeg

I have one of those if anyone's looking...