News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

How about some day 2 cars .

Started by gt350shelb, December 14, 2023, 08:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Side-Oilers

I love Day Two (or more) cars.  So long as they're fast, properly badazz looking, and don't have stupid sh!t (Eleanor) on them.

At its best (right before I sold it) my KR had an all-aluminum 427 S-O (Shelby/Denbeste-built) stroked to 468 cid, 16-inch Torq-Thrust wheels, Four-wheel Wilwood Discs, Hotchkis Suspension, and original Toploader with added Gear Vendors overdrive, but was stock/original everywhere else.  (One repaint in orig color. All-stock interior.)

Ran 12.33 @ 118 mph, with street tires, full exhaust.  Stock 3.50 Traction-Lok rearend.

Not sure what "day" it would've been, seeing as how the mods began before I bought it in '82 (a P.O. installed an iron 427 medium-riser), but wherever on the car calendar, I dug it. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

427heaven

Im in... As some might recall my car was a street racer from day one. It was one of the fastest cars on the east coast - Known as Blue Cheer! Yes I am sure some drugs were involved with what the Hipsters were on/using at the time. ;D It was only used and abused for approximately 4-5 years before it was taken off the road from a street racing shunt/mishap. They blew up the original 428 then came a progression of more powerful engines to stay on top of the street racing world. They slid in a 427 Medium riser and then a Tunnel Port 427 sporting 454 inches. I received much of those items when I got the car. After nearly 50 long years in nap mode it is prowling the streets again in street race mode. Now that it is together, I am looking for it to run that 177 Mph with vintage parts to best the Super Snakes top speed- HERE IT IS!

67350#1242

67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

mikeh

#412. All original fiberglass & sheet metal. Stock Shelby interior.
Stroker 418W, Tremec TKO600 5 speed, 17x8 & 17x9.5 wheels, Baer brakes, Total Control r&p, Global West suspension, etc. etc

Would have loved to have bought Side-Oilers car if I had the $$, cool as hell!

gt350shelb

Shelby doug is in witness protection on this subject
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .