News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 BOSS 302 GT 350 Prototype

Started by stephen_becker, December 15, 2023, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 18, 2023, 06:16:59 AM
Here are some facts for you that like facts:

The car is being represented as a "Shelby GT350"

The car was not built as a Shelby until more than 25 years after Ford assembled it as a Boss 302

The car does have a "G48" serial number

The owner posted factory paperwork that very specifically says "Not a Shelby"

The owner posted vintage pictures of the car in the Boss 302 trim, without the correct quarters or tail lights for a Shelby

1969 Shelbys were not built at Kar Kraft as the owner previously stated.

So, whats the argument about?

Oh, maybe its that there is no adult supervision on the forum?  I think its just been proven again.

Agreed Bill, I see a couple of guys that want to keep the contention going...as they often say, when you resort to name calling, you have lost the argument.
Crossboss says his Shelby was built at Kar Kraft  and has the invoices to prove it. #3129. Reply #8 https://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=35552.0
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Since certain people want facts here are some more facts: 1969 Shelbys were coded as Mach1s for fastbacks so 63C cars with "3A" or "3AA" for black interiors and a "5" designation on the paint code(should be 65 but is just 6 on the Marti). No argument here, right? This car's build sheet says the car was built as a 63B car (like Boss 9s and deluxe interior B2s and other non Mach1 non Shelby Fastbacks). The build sheet also "DA" for the interior code which is hi back comfortweave seats which-like B9s and non Mach1 FBs- got NO RED STRIPE on the seat or red molded floor mats. To me another fact, clue whatever that this car was not intended to be a Shelby. Show me one AO Smith Shelby built in 1969 with a 63B code and DA code for interior seats. The facts just keep piling in.
LOOK, cool car. It looks better in it's current state. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

crossboss

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 18, 2023, 07:21:16 AM
Since certain people want facts here are some more facts: 1969 Shelbys were coded as Mach1s for fastbacks so 63C cars with "3A" or "3AA" for black interiors and a "5" designation on the paint code(should be 65 but is just 6 on the Marti). No argument here, right? This car's build sheet says the car was built as a 63B car (like Boss 9s and deluxe interior B2s and other non Mach1 non Shelby Fastbacks). The build sheet also "DA" for the interior code which is hi back comfortweave seats which-like B9s and non Mach1 FBs- got NO RED STRIPE on the seat or red molded floor mats. To me another fact, clue whatever that this car was not intended to be a Shelby. Show me one AO Smith Shelby built in 1969 with a 63B code and DA code for interior seats. The facts just keep piling in.
LOOK, cool car. It looks better in it's current state.

Guys,
With all due respect, you are still beating a dead horse. Interior combos aside, it STILL has a VIN of 'G48'. Lets put this to rest, and move on.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

427hunter

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 18, 2023, 06:16:59 AM
Here are some facts for you that like facts:

The car is being represented as a "Shelby GT350"

The car was not built as a Shelby until more than 25 years after Ford assembled it as a Boss 302

The car does have a "G48" serial number

The owner posted factory paperwork that very specifically says "Not a Shelby"

The owner posted vintage pictures of the car in the Boss 302 trim, without the correct quarters or tail lights for a Shelby

1969 Shelbys were not built at Kar Kraft as the owner previously stated.

So, whats the argument about?

Oh, maybe its that there is no adult supervision on the forum?  I think its just been proven again.

Agreed Bill, I see a couple of guys that want to keep the contention going...as they often say, when you resort to name calling, you have lost the argument.

Other then in your own mind who is saying these things? The history of the car is known you are the only person unable to accept things. I am not sure why you want to try and sow discontent here and on BAT but you seem to thrive on it.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years