News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 BOSS 302 GT 350 Prototype

Started by stephen_becker, December 15, 2023, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

Exactly how many Shelby's were built after this car? Maybe they were just filling out the orders that were already received.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

shelbymann1970

A few more pics of the car. I guess Jeff didn't add the fog lamps. Notice the front fender antenna? I see there was an owner between  Jeff to Gary Burke so I guess my memory fails me when I thought Gary bought the car off of Jeff. I thought George sold the car to someone in Indiana and Billy bought the car off of Bob. That is assuming the ownership timeline is true.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on December 16, 2023, 10:58:34 AM
Exactly how many Shelby's were built after this car? Maybe they were just filling out the orders that were already received.
Well this car is 2244 and mine is 2351 and built on the same day so hard to say with the #s intertwined.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

The flaired out rear quarters I remember but my memory tells me more at the top. It says Jeff installed new quarters in 1985 but the car wasn't bad looking in 1984-5 so don't know why he would do it. I only wish Jeff could come on and clear some of this up. To me in the primer pic you can see the roll bar through the back window.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Viewing the original state of the Shelby Boss and now in it's current state. I personally would have done the same, put the all the Shelby fiberglass on it. I think once this car was conceived the intent was that.

Really can't deny the 48 and the G status on this vehicle

My 3 cents....wish I had more than the 3 cents so I could purchase this one
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on December 16, 2023, 11:12:50 AM
Viewing the original state of the Shelby Boss and now in it's current state. I personally would have done the same, put the all the Shelby fiberglass on it. I think once this car was conceived the intent was that.

Tony what I know that you don't know is there was no intent. How do I know that? I have friends who have seen paperwork so there was no intent to build it as a Shelby bodied car.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bill

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 16, 2023, 11:55:12 AM

Tony what I know that you don't know is there was no intent. How do I know that? I have friends who have seen paperwork so there was no intent to build it as a Shelby bodied car.

If only we had a copy of the build sheet. I know it's been posted online before, I thought on the SAACforum 1.0, but thinking that maybe it was the VMF or the Boss forum. Wonder if the Ream family has it in their archives?

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

My dearest and esteemed colleague Gary :

Just want to make sure we are both speaking about the same vehicle

Now on to what is intent?

Having the mind, attention, or will concentrated on something

Layman's version of intent :

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it just may be a duck

This is the VIN  #  9F02G482244 on the vehicle

G = Boss 302

48 = only used on Shelby vehicles

Boy if that's not intent and don't know what is

Let's just move on and remember opinions are just like A........pples
Everyone loves A.......apples

Hey who shot J. R.  ?

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on December 16, 2023, 11:55:12 AM

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Again this is what is shown in the ebay sales add today

What do you think of this paper work and tags ?

I have no dogs in this fight

Would love to have owned this "work of art" and again if it was mine, it would have been the rendition of how it looks currently today.

I would have called this masterpiece  " The Shelby Lisa "

I have all UNGOLD cars

Grumpy

Come on guys if someone can figure out an old 67 GT 500 race car with a lot of nothing why not this car ?  :o

Coralsnake

The build sheet is mentioned in the auction. Post a copy of the sheet and the discussion is over. You want 350 large for your car...show the document! Why is not being shown?

QuoteThis car was endorsed, in writing, by Carroll Shelby, Ford Motor Company, and Edsel B. Ford II as the only 1969 Shelby built with a Boss 302 engine. All 67-69 Shelby cars manufactured by Ford Motor Company had the status number of 84X999. "G48" was B84X999, signifying that it was to be built as a Shelby, except with a Boss 302 drive train as stated on the build sheet with an 84 DSO home office reserve number.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Best wishes to All and to All a good night  ![/color]

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 16, 2023, 12:56:30 PM
The build sheet is mentioned in the auction. Post a copy of the sheet and the discussion is over. You want 350 large for your car...show the document! Why is not being shown?

QuoteThis car was endorsed, in writing, by Carroll Shelby, Ford Motor Company, and Edsel B. Ford II as the only 1969 Shelby built with a Boss 302 engine. All 67-69 Shelby cars manufactured by Ford Motor Company had the status number of 84X999. "G48" was B84X999, signifying that it was to be built as a Shelby, except with a Boss 302 drive train as stated on the build sheet with an 84 DSO home office reserve number.

Perhaps the seller has seen this thread and will post the original build sheet for all to see. I'm still digging through old hard drives in search of the picture I saw eons ago.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

427hunter

This has become nothing more then another saac form s#!t show. I don't get what the problem is, this car is not being represented as original, everyone knows the history and what it looked like before and after. It's a G48 nothing more to say. I think it's a great car and converting it to Shelby trim just made it cooler looking, the car is a great part of Ford/Shelby history. 
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427hunter on December 16, 2023, 02:18:12 PM
This has become nothing more then another saac form s#!t show. I don't get what the problem is, this car is not being represented as original, everyone knows the history and what it looked like before and after. It's a G48 nothing more to say. I think it a great car and converting it to Shelby trim just made it cooler looking, the car is a great part of Ford/Shelby history.

G48          +  1

I have all UNGOLD cars