News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Where was the original horn location on 68 A/C cars?

Started by shelbydoug, December 15, 2023, 03:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Were they moved together on one side? The A/C seems to interfere with the driver's side mounting location?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CharlesTurner

There's an A/C-specific horn for the LH side that has a 90 degree bent mounting tab and goes through a different hole.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Information like this is all in the chassis manual of the assemblyline manual set. They have saved me many hours over the years plus answer many questions i was investigating.  I would think that you would save time and stress by investing in a 67 and also a 68 version given the year of car topics you typically post on. Buying the set of available manuals for a given year was my personal choice.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350shelb

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 15, 2023, 03:33:18 PM
Were they moved together on one side? The A/C seems to interfere with the driver's side mounting location?

I seem to remember my  factory ac car   "the other one " had one horn mounted over the  bracket  for condenser , with tab that fit on top of bracket
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 15, 2023, 04:35:30 PM
Information like this is all in the chassis manual of the assemblyline manual set. They have saved me many hours over the years plus answer many questions i was investigating.  I would think that you would save time and stress by investing in a 67 and also a 68 version given the year of car topics you typically post on. Buying the set of available manuals for a given year was my personal choice.

True but then that information would never be covered here at all? It isn't just about me. It's about others seeking that information as well from the wiser and the much better informed.  :)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67350#1242

Drivers side A/C horn has a different bracket than non A/C and mounts in the same hole as the upper condenser bracket as stated above.  Non A/C horn won't work.  Do a search for images of A/C car and you will see.   Openings for both horns face directly downward.  I believe that a non A/C horn mounted in regular hole will interfere with the lines coming through radiator support.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Rbwiii

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 15, 2023, 07:19:13 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 15, 2023, 04:35:30 PM

True but then that information would never be covered here at all? It isn't just about me. It's about others seeking that information as well from the wiser and the much better informed.  :)

+1

azdriver

Here are the horns from my car.
Drivers side horn, large tab (LO) .. passenger side horn.... small tab....(HI)

Pat

shelbydoug

Great details everyone. Just what I needed to know.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve Meltzer

I'm a bit late to the party, but here are a few shots of the horn brackets on an AC car. The car, #3661, was three times a gold crown winner and thus believed to be quite accurate. ( I wish I could claim it occurred on my watch, but it didn't. I'm just the recipient of someone else's great work.) steve

shelbydoug

Thanks Steve. That's what I thought that I remembered but wasn't sure because I didn't document it.

Ironic. One thing leads to another. Now I see that my staples are in the crease. Not in your location.

I'm not gonna' ask about that. That will really piss off Gaines and it could be the last straw and they might need to take him away in a straight jacket? You never know who's right on the edge? ::)

...oh no! I just noticed that my gasket is about 1-1/2" shorter then yours. That's it. I ain't sayin' nuthin' no more.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve Meltzer

What a great morning! Sitting here, drinking my coffee and smiling at your post. Thanks! Steve.,

shelbydoug

Ah Geeze! My Greyhound just drank my coffee. Right out of the cup no less! Yikes! She didn't spill a drop either, which really makes me look bad...badder!  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR500

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 19, 2023, 11:27:56 AM
Thanks Steve. That's what I thought that I remembered but wasn't sure because I didn't document it.

Ironic. One thing leads to another. Now I see that my staples are in the crease. Not in your location.

I'm not gonna' ask about that. That will really piss off Gaines and it could be the last straw and they might need to take him away in a straight jacket? You never know who's right on the edge? ::)

...oh no! I just noticed that my gasket is about 1-1/2" shorter then yours. That's it. I ain't sayin' nuthin' no more.
Just a note to all. The hood seal in the photos has been replaced, as it is a repo. Not saying anything is wrong just saying it's not original.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267