News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fan shroud

Started by TLea, September 24, 2018, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

I have what appears to be original fan shroud with proper C7 engineering number. Outside is standard horse hair but inside is fiberglass cloth like early nose. Anybody seen this?
It is not a repair

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on September 24, 2018, 08:26:38 PM
I have what appears to be original fan shroud with proper C7 engineering number. Outside is standard horse hair but inside is fiberglass cloth like early nose. Anybody seen this?
It is not a repair
Yes on early repros.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TLea

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TLea on September 24, 2018, 10:58:46 PM
Thanks. Bob
They are so old now that they have been forgotten and are often sold as original by some high profile parts sellers. I get calls about these about every 6-8 months or so.  I think it was Crites that made them and they were a good alternative compared to nothing back in the day. They put a C7 engineering number on them but did not put the Ford trademark no doubt because they didn't want the legal grieve .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby