News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Arizona 2024 Auctions - Barrett Jackson, RM, Bonhams - SHELBY 1962-1970 cars

Started by silverton_ford, December 18, 2023, 12:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Colin ,after rereading your post and trying to understand what prompted such a heated response to me I think some clarification is in order. You said you previous owned the car and describing the positive aspects. You also mentioned that you sold the car and told about some of the things the new owner was doing to that car you didn't agree with.  Based on how original you claimed the car was when you had it and the way the car presented itself in the BJ picture I was referring to the new owner who made "improvements" on the car as making mistakes . I thought that was understood but maybe not.  If you thought otherwise let this post set the record straight.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

csx289

Hi Bob, I appreciate the clarification. I understand that you operate at a very high level of assembly line/ concours textbook perfect and our opinions often (always?) differ as I tend to appreciate unrestored or great driver cars with original sheetmetal over absolute perfection in plating or decal placement etc. It's the age old debate of drivers vs show car guys I suppose. And I will admit my post was more about what seems to be a great deal of pushback of any car that isn't Gold level etc. and past exchanges, hence the implication that commenting on the alarm was a "spin." In any event I think we all owe it to people here to allow differences of opinion without playing "whack-a-mole" when they comment. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum and the more questions, opinions and comments are welcomed rather than challenged the better IMO. Again, thanks for clarifying, good to know it was offered in the spirit of friendly debate ;)

TLea

Interesting it was read as a personal attack. I think there was a lot of positive complementary advice in there for those have ears to hear.

"real world experience and insight that could be gained and blended with yours and other similar pillars of the Shelby community's knowledge to make us all more knowledgeable about the intricacies of the Shelby cars we love. It would also make for a more vibrant online community/ forum."

Mikelj5S230

It is probably best for us all to recognize that different people appreciate cars differently.  And some people can appreciate most any car, but the tradeoffs and conflicts between strictly assembly line original and a fun driving car personalized for the owner's preferences will always exist.  There is no right and wrong here, just different people enjoying different things in different ways.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

QuickSilverShelby

Wife and I were at Barrett Jackson and we saw this 69 GT350. Based on the description :D and the included documentation it had to be a top notch car.  It even included a "rare" and desirable Matini Report.

QSS

PS  How come I can never figure out how to rotate a picture on this site?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on February 06, 2024, 11:41:32 AM
Wife and I were at Barrett Jackson and we saw this 69 GT350. Based on the description :D and the included documentation it had to be a top notch car.  It even included a "rare" and desirable Matini Report.

QSS

PS  How come I can never figure out how to rotate a picture on this site?
is it possible looking at your 2 pics that the pics default as "landscape" style?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TLea

My last post probably seems out of context. The post I replied to suddenly disappeared