News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Arizona 2024 Auctions - Barrett Jackson, RM, Bonhams - SHELBY 1962-1970 cars

Started by silverton_ford, December 18, 2023, 12:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KR Convertible

Seems like a lot of the Frank Tiegs cars are restored with donor bodies!!  Grabber Green Boss 429 too.  And went for $260+fees

sfm5

65 GT350

camp upshur

Mikelj5S230

Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

silverton_ford

All prices updated on the first page through Saturday.   Thank you for the nice comments.

6S1568

Brian, THANKS for the updates, we appreciate it. It's nice to have the links too, so we can go back and look at the specific details of each car.

Rodster-500

68 GT350 $181,500.  :o

1438.1 – 1968 GT350H 8T02J155398 01219 - https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1968-SHELBY-GT350-H-271478 - SOLD - $181,500.00

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

john galt

Many thanks to Brian for taking the time to post the auction info about cars of interest to the SAAC.  A concise listing of SAI results sure beats wasting hours watching RESTO MOD Vettes, Broncos and PU's cross the block. Thanks again!

Coralsnake

Quote68 GT350 $181,500.  :o

Cant see past the $25 export brace 😉

Seriously, it looks well preserved
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 29, 2024, 08:30:34 AM
Quote68 GT350 $181,500.  :o

Cant see past the $25 export brace 😉

Seriously, it looks well preserved
The big honker alarm siren and the caution fan sticker (clueless indicator) hit me in the face about the same time and so I didn't waste my time knowing full well what other things I would likely find throughout the car.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Thats the judges view....I will look on the big screen tonight, but I think its pretty nice other than a few bigger items

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 29, 2024, 01:16:30 PM
Thats the judges view....I will look on the big screen tonight, but I think its pretty nice other than a few bigger items
I agree it looks very nice over all from the pictures. Pictures can be misleading. With original details typically justifying a high market price I was surprised at the mistakes I saw given the hammer price compared to typical market for that model. There are probably other factors like drink, party atmosphere ,competition etc.that are not known that attributed to the price too. The number of problem original details I mentioned typically carry through the entire car percentage wise with maybe the exception of the interior . It is hard to mess up the interior details given the prevalent common knowledge. One can get indications from pictures however first hand examination by someone in the know is best way to determine one way or the other IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I just looked this car over on the big screen and I would call it a survivor or something close. However, there is not enough to tell me if its had a repaint. I think that giant horn is a car alarm.

The car retains a lot of original details. I found some pre clean up pictures and its had a good deal of labor put into it.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 29, 2024, 04:57:33 PM
I just looked this car over on the big screen and I would call it a survivor or something close. However, there is not enough to tell me if its had a repaint. I think that giant horn is a car alarm.

The car retains a lot of original details. I found some pre clean up pictures and its had a good deal of labor put into it.
Yes old school car alarm siren.